Gen II with CF wheels on it ? Who's ridin' em ?

hope your roads are well paved. Around my city I dont think I could swing that. One pot hole and your going to be out a wheel.

ive personally ridden a gsxr1000 k8 with the bst wheels on,and they feel wooden! Like the turn in is really neutral compared to stock wheels.but when the bike was on its ear,it kept goin down! Really funny to get used to but well worth the performance benefit only if you like the occasional trackday.if not just spend the money on galespeeds and some other mods.thats my opinion.:thumbsup:

+100

I live in SoFLa. If you can find a hole in the road it ain't a pothole it's a sinkhole and probably bigger than the car inf ront of you , but not potholes.
Just flat open roads to nowhere !

Michigan has some of the worst roads in the country. I wanted BST's but wouldn't be comfortable running them here.

i say get the best or get a set of 1000 wheels, the 1000 wheels are light and cheap the bst is the lightest and the most $$$, i run mine on the street without a problem and we have ****ty roads in the tri state area,

:whistle:

09  and 08 025.jpg

stuff 1 035.jpg

Great looking bike! Bet she gets up & goes!
It appears you have it set-up for the strip. I imagine you spend quite a bit of time @ the track, correct? In that particular case(as I have mentioned before) then CF wheels are are justified more easily.
But for the average every day street rider, I still feel they are complete overkill.

Great looking bike! Bet she gets up & goes!
It appears you have it set-up for the strip. I imagine you spend quite a bit of time @ the track, correct? In that particular case(as I have mentioned before) then CF wheels are are justified more easily.
But for the average every day street rider, I still feel they are complete overkill.

some would say overkill i say high end parts. the blk one is a street bike that i ride often without problems. the cf wheels are very strong so day to day isnt a problem :thumbsup:,
it boils down to budget, if ya dont want the best save your $$ and get 1000 wheels, they work/ look great are very lite and can be had for a few hundred bucks, either way whatever floats your boat:beerchug:,
personally i feel you cant hide quality so for me ill take the high end stuff for my high end bikes :thumbsup:

Last edited:
it boils down to budget, if ya dont want the best save your $$ and get 1000 wheels, they work/ look great are very lite and can be had for a few hundred bucks, either way whatever floats your boat:beerchug:,
personally i feel you cant hide quality so for me ill take the high end stuff for my high end bikes :thumbsup:

Middle ground is sufficient for us lowly street riders :poke: I love my Carrozzeria's

Can't take anything away from you for wanting the "best". :whistle:
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Middle ground is sufficient for us lowly street riders :poke: I love my Carrozzeria's

Can't take anything away from you for wanting the "best". :whistle:
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

im a street rider as well .. i think the 1000 wheels are as lite as the " middle ground" wheels does anyone have the weights???

The following quote comes from Dymag-usa in an email response regarding the weights of their Cf wheels and BSTs. I was looking at the graphs provided earlier comparing diff wheel types and their weights. I was surprised to see that the Dymags were not as close in weight to the BST and some others even seemed lighter. I was thinking maybe BST used Dymags 3 spoke design wheels instead of the 5 spoke design for the charts because from appearance the 3 spokers look heavier. I asked Dymag about this and BST. They attached the below chart which does show a .66 lb difference between their two CF wheels as well as stated the following. In reading it it seems they were trying to compare apples to apples by saying if the BSTs were ordered with mag hubs and not standard alum hubs. "our wheels" refers to the Dymags.

" I have been told by a few of my customers that sell BST that our wheels are lighter by about 5oz as long as the BST customer ordered the Magnesium hub and not the standard aluminum hub they come with, all Dymag wheels come with magnesium hubs.

This may put the Dymags back closer in comparison in the previous charts than they appear now. Anyway will or 99 out of 100 riders be able to feel the .66lb diff probably not but if your talking graphs it may matter. Just my .02

Attachments

• Dymag MC AVERAGE WHEEL WEIGHTS_KG_and_llb(1).pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 798
Those BSTs look great on your bikes ! Um gelus dood :poke:
What made you go with those over the Dymags?
I only ask because it seems that the two are a least $600 apart for a set?
You think the BSTs are worth the diff ????

Now if I can only get somebody out there to post a pic of their 09 white busa with CFs on her I'll be able to sleep !:whistle:

Those BSTs look great on your bikes ! Um gelus dood :poke:
What made you go with those over the Dymags?
I only ask because it seems that the two are a least $600 apart for a set?
You think the BSTs are worth the diff ????

Now if I can only get somebody out there to post a pic of their 09 white busa with CFs on her I'll be able to sleep !:whistle:

thanks , i like the dymags as well but i got a great deal on my 1st set of the bst's and they came with ww bearings which arent cheap, so when doing the 09 i stuck with bst product, id say go with either one really:beerchug:

I keep hearing that. "I got a great deal on the BSTs" > Were you able to make the two makes the same in price ? The best I can do is about a $600 spread.
$3086 for Dymags
$3700 for BSTs from Schnitz

Daniel London [cloudninemotorsports@comcast.net] from Cloud nine was very nice in answering some questions I had. I feel he deserves a nod.:beerchug:

I have heard from several sources that changing tires on the BST wheels is very challenging. Apparently the shallow "dish" of the rim makes it challenging to get the bead over the rim. Does anyone know if special equipment or techniques are used to change the tires?

They are no worse that gen 2 oem wheels!

Nothing special need for mount or dismount!

As for weight savings, the CF wheel will by far be the lightest!

Handling aspects with the Cf wheels is great, less unspung weight is one the best things you can do to any motorcycle!

Sexs%20on%20wheels%20097.jpg

I keep hearing that. "I got a great deal on the BSTs" > Were you able to make the two makes the same in price ? The best I can do is about a $600 spread.
$3086 for Dymags
$3700 for BSTs from Schnitz

Daniel London [cloudninemotorsports@comcast.net] from Cloud nine was very nice in answering some questions I had. I feel he deserves a nod.:beerchug:

3200 from a pb member brand new and just under 4 with ww ceramic's from brock like i said dymags are really sweet and i almost did my 09 with them:beerchug:

A pic of a White 09 with Carbon wheels by ZXALAN... :thumbsup:

DSC00346.jpg

You might call Brock about the wheel price. I know they are doing free WW bearings now and he may be able to beat that price quoted. Give him a call... :beerchug:

Back