White Busa with black wheels ? Help

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
So I am Thinking about putting carbon fiber or black forged mag wheels on my white and blue 09. To really make it all come together I am thinking about powdercoating pegsets, pegs, and levers all black to match frame and new wheels.

What say y'all ? Will a white Busa look good with black wheels on it ?
Anybody got pics of theirs to show ?

Second who has put CF wheels on their Gen II ? How does it ride ? I know it looks KILLA but how does it go,stop and flick ?

No sure how many can afford the Carbon wheels...... would love them for my gen I

I think they would look great with your white bike...

look up macon454 in the garage portion of the org. He has black wheels on his I believe.

Not great pic but ya get the idea, i like the black wheels.

006.jpg

look up macon454 in the garage portion of the org. He has black wheels on his I believe.

Those are not Black, There just really really Dirty, He spends so much time dragging a knee that the rims are closer to the ground and pick up more dirt.

Does look good though

What color are the stocks, silver? Personally, I would prefer white over black or silver but you would be wheel washing every 3 rides if you went with white.

CF wheels will cut a tremendous amount of rotating mass. I don't know the math but because the wheels are heavy and turn at high speed, this makes their already substantial weight exert way more force against the engine than a stationary part of the same weight. You will pick up acceleration and manuverability going with cf. I can't tell you from first hand experience but i know a guy who swears they were the best mod he has done. He put Brock's on his. Only prob is that some will tell you cf wheels make the bike less stable at high speed because they have a much weaker gyroscopic effect planting the wheels.

Yeah Macon that's it......ooooooh baby gimme more ! What kind of wheels are those ? I was thinking about also powdercoating the pegsets, pegs ,shifter and brake pedal black to match ? I see now it will look good.
How bout a pic or two outside if you get the chance ? Have you changed the exhaust ? I have a Muzzy 4into1 system and am thinking if I do go with the black theme I may have the can and midpipe anodized. I wonder how the anodizing will hold up to the heat ?

excellent, more pics of white bikes wit black rollers on em paaaaalease !

:thumbsup::bowdown:

Yes the factory ones are silver . On the bike I can see the silver look like 24s compared to the black ones which visually look alot smaller but I like the black sinister rollers and gear look ! :beerchug:

Yeah Macon that's it......ooooooh baby gimme more ! What kind of wheels are those ? I was thinking about also powdercoating the pegsets, pegs ,shifter and brake pedal black to match ? I see now it will look good.
How bout a pic or two outside if you get the chance ? Have you changed the exhaust ? I have a Muzzy 4into1 system and am thinking if I do go with the black theme I may have the can and midpipe anodized. I wonder how the anodizing will hold up to the heat ?

excellent, more pics of white bikes wit black rollers on em paaaaalease !

:thumbsup::bowdown:

Yes the factory ones are silver . On the bike I can see the silver look like 24s compared to the black ones which visually look alot smaller but I like the black sinister rollers and gear look ! :beerchug:

I will see if i can get a couple of more this week out side, It has R77 carbon fiber slipons on it now, which helps the look a little better, i think everything would look good all blacked out, the wheels that are on it are stock black ones off of an 08, i also took all the blue that was in the front and on the back off.

LAWST CAWS frame plugs are pretty cool as well. They smooth everything out.
I put some in mine. Only thing is the two larger ones were too long and stuck out.
I had to trim about 1/4-1/2 inch off of them. Then I applied a little glue and put them on. To hold them in tight while drying I used a 2x4 with a cloth on one end to protect the plug and wedged the other against the outside wall of the house. The piece of 2x4 was only about 3 feet long but I parked the bike close enough to the house to use the wood to 'press' it on there while it dried. It was the only way I could backyard figure out how to really get them pressed on there tight while the glue dried. 2k plus miles and they are still there tight. Take a look. Man them black wheels look good on white. Gots ta get me sum !:laugh::thumbsup:

Busa in Okeehelee 10.8.9 007.jpg

Last edited:
Please don't laugh at my photoshop skills but here is my rendition best I could of what it would look like all blacked out(Marchesini forged wheels :laugh:) > I don't think it looks bad at all. In fact .....Like a fish I'm hooked !

I also wonder if you could anodize the Muzzy can and midpipe black ?
That would be a first ? Black anodized Muzzy ? *****in' !
Either that or I'll just have to get a Brock's black alien head :whistle::whistle::please::please:

Is there anyone out there that makes rotors from a material other than ceramic that are dark in color ? If you could anodize a rotor itself and have even the pad sweep area stay black that would be neat ! :cookoo:

BUSA IN BLACK.jpg

Back