Gen 3 Latest report ..

I'm just one of those guys who will not allow anyone else to lay a hand on my bike. Too much experience with folks who claim to be professional and make things better for the worse.

I have had my fair share of "professionally tuned" bikes, sports cars including Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes come my way which I had to rescue after someone else did their thing. In all those cases, the owners thought they had a good deal, until things go South, including performance and fuel consumption.

Also, if the rider lacks the technical ability to do the upgraded modifications, I do not trust his judgement as to evaluating the outcome.
Well, I don't own a dyno so it's hard to do a proper tune without one. Most of the modern cars you speak of are pretty technical to tune, not just anyone can do that.

As for your last line...uh, ok...I guess with that ideology all the tuner shops like @Boosted Cycle Perf and @ChrisMooreMafia might as well close their doors as if the rider doesn't have these abilities, they shouldn't be allowed to get their bikes tuned....

....to that thought, we all know that is not reality....

Well, I don't own a dyno so it's hard to do a proper tune without one. Most of the modern cars you speak of are pretty technical to tune, not just anyone can do that.

As for your last line...uh, ok...I guess with that ideology all the tuner shops like @Boosted Cycle Perf and @ChrisMooreMafia might as well close their doors as if the rider doesn't have these abilities, they shouldn't be allowed to get their bikes tuned....

....to that thought, we all know that is not reality....
LOL, you are free to have your bike tuned by anyone and have your own expert opinions.

Some of us are in the fortunate position where we don’t need help. We know BS when we hear it.

LOL, you are free to have your bike tuned by anyone and have your own expert opinions.

Some of us are in the fortunate position where we don’t need help. We know BS when we hear it.
I appreciate your permission to do so...

Although I can do most of my wrenching, I have no problem having an expert get the bike to the proper tune....if we were all experts (like you) we wouldn't need guys like Boosted and Chris Moore to get us where we need to be.

I was fortunate to become an expert in other fields....

Although I can do most of my wrenching, I have no problem having an expert get the bike to the proper tune....if we were all experts (like you) we wouldn't need guys like Boosted and Chris Moore to get us where we need to be.

Agreed.
I'm happy to do a fair bit of work myself..
But at times, it pays, both safety and experience to have someone else look over the bike.

So what exactly was done on your bike to make it “run like a liter bike”

Do you actually know, or just believe the words passed on by your expert?

Well, lots actually....

The expert only dyno tuned it through the Bazzaz programmer.

It might strike as odd, but I'm not a total idiot...thank you.
LOL

That is a new one. Use a Bazzaz behind the ECU so the motor behaves like a 1k bike.

That is funny.

BTW, if I had to buy a used bike with a Bazzaz or a Power Commander, my first mods would be to remove them.

Last edited:
LOL

That is a new one. Use a Bazzaz behind the ECU so the motor behaves like a 1k bike.

That is funny.
You really need to stop dogging me

What is funny is I don't need to explain anything to you or anyone else. I know what is done to my bike and that's all I care about.

I will say again, I'm not a total idiot.

I think you and I have hijacked this thread long enough

Did they call you and tell you july 1st they told me week ago it would be less then a week and still no word?
They did not call me. I called them yesterday and a guy named Pete said they are getting/got vehicles this week but didnt have anymore pickup slots this week as they are all taken. he confirmed I could pick any day next week and they will prepare it.. poor communication on their side..not happy.

This morning I am calling them again to give the date I chose. Will let you know

They did not call me. I called them yesterday and a guy named Pete said they are getting/got vehicles this week but didnt have anymore pickup slots this week as they are all taken. he confirmed I could pick any day next week and they will prepare it.. poor communication on their side..not happy.

This morning I am calling them again to give the date I chose. Will let you know
At least you will now have a date and it isn't October or something crazy....

I'm glad the gen 3 is being so well received and most likely none will be sitting on a show room floor for years like the last generation bikes did...

Back