Gen 3 Latest report ..

U wish busa owns all the records man way better engine in my opinion how many turbo zx14s out there not to many people have had all gens of both bikes but some of us are young and some are old and that's it... did you forget what forum your in. Zx14 is gone with the wind busa will be here forever! How many zx14s out there with 100k on it compared to busa without any problems?

U wish busa owns all the records man way better engine in my opinion how many turbo zx14s out there not to many people have had all gens of both bikes but some of us are young and some are old and that's it... did you forget what forum your in. Zx14 is gone with the wind busa will be here forever! How many zx14s out there with 100k on it compared to busa without any problems?
I own 7 Suzuki’s from all different eras but it’s being a realist.

How would you know how many ZX14’s have hit the magic milestone considering your on a Hayabusa forum?.

Unfortunately Suzuki is basically clutching at the straws and the lack of proper updates shows that!. For instance, the GSXR was 5 + years behind every other litre bike, the L7(Which I own) is already behind the current bikes and it’s the latest model released and the best they could do with a half assed 2.0 update was add braided lines and other little gimmick poop.

The 600 & 750 range speaks for itself, no update there and that’s the stepping stone to the 1000 & Busa.

Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about the brand and very devoted as it’s a hobby aswell as a career but they need a direction change and throw caution to the wind, everyone else is doing it.

I own 7 Suzuki’s from all different eras but it’s being a realist.

How would you know how many ZX14’s have hit the magic milestone considering your on a Hayabusa forum?.

Unfortunately Suzuki is basically clutching at the straws and the lack of proper updates shows that!. For instance, the GSXR was 5 + years behind every other litre bike, the L7(Which I own) is already behind the current bikes and it’s the latest model released and the best they could do with a half assed 2.0 update was add braided lines and other little gimmick poop.

The 600 & 750 range speaks for itself, no update there and that’s the stepping stone to the 1000 & Busa.

Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about the brand and very devoted as it’s a hobby aswell as a career but they need a direction change and throw caution to the wind, everyone else is doing it.
Chris Moore (David Fondon riding!) just set the stock motor record on that old behind the times GSXR... How bad could it be?

Been on both forums man last 5 years been on ninjas and still like the busa better I feel like I'm on a ninja vs I'm one with the busa its a better feeling for me...and for turbos it's night and day zx14 is retired can't be king if your dead! What they gonna do go to 1500 or 1600 might as well own a boss hoss lol. H2 replaced it sorry to say... and even then now your at 25k and they won't be around long either so yes kawi will be back someday and I will be waiting to ride one.

Last edited:
I've put over 100k on all 4 gen hyperbikes so I have plenty of seat time on both just feel busa is the better bike for me but everyone is different and that's fine I just hope the gen 3 can be the best I've ever owned that's all I care about!

Last edited:
Watch suzuki drop a se gen 3 turbo in a few years for all the haters lol... wish boosted cycles was in florida man gets 500hp out of gen 2 for 1500 bucks unreal.

This would’ve been the perfect chance since they apparently had 10 years in the making....... to do fcuk all.
I think Suzuki took the safe route...the appetite for hyperbikes has waned I think and Suzuki knows this...in one hand I would have liked to see a pavement shredder capable of tearing arms out of sockets and hitting warp speed...

On the other hand, I see Suzuki thinking with the bike being speed limited. why spend time and money developing a bike capable of a high warp speed. The probably felt if all they are allowed to go is 300kms/hr, why not get there faster? By basically developing their already proven platform probably saved them a ton of R&D money-in an environment where money is tight, this was the right way to go, IMO.

Kawasaki stepped up the game with the ZX14R and Suzuki didn't bother to react, the gen 3 Busa was not in competition with the ZX14R as it was already not being produced anymore.

Kawasaki won the hyperbike war but Euro 5 killed the segment forcing Kawasaki to pan the ZX14R. They probably have so much R&D money tied up in the H2 it wasn't worth the effort to relaunch the ZX platform.

In this sense, Suzuki has taken over the hyperbike market...unless the H2 qualifies as a hyperbike-and that depends on the definition of what a hyperbike is...

I think Suzuki took the safe route...the appetite for hyperbikes has waned I think and Suzuki knows this...in one hand I would have liked to see a pavement shredder capable of tearing arms out of sockets and hitting warp speed...

On the other hand, I see Suzuki thinking with the bike being speed limited. why spend time and money developing a bike capable of a high warp speed. The probably felt if all they are allowed to go is 300kms/hr, why not get there faster? By basically developing their already proven platform probably saved them a ton of R&D money-in an environment where money is tight, this was the right way to go, IMO.

Kawasaki stepped up the game with the ZX14R and Suzuki didn't bother to react, the gen 3 Busa was not in competition with the ZX14R as it was already not being produced anymore.

Kawasaki won the hyperbike war but Euro 5 killed the segment forcing Kawasaki to pan the ZX14R. They probably have so much R&D money tied up in the H2 it wasn't worth the effort to relaunch the ZX platform.

In this sense, Suzuki has taken over the hyperbike market...unless the H2 qualifies as a hyperbike-and that depends on the definition of what a hyperbike is...
Perhaps Suzuki would’ve had more R&D money to spend if they didn’t bother wasting time creating engines that would’ve never worked or even fit in the frame, I put it down to lazy corporate effort being caught out with Euro 5 otherwise we would’ve had Gen 2’s til the cows come home.

I've put over 100k on all 4 gen hyperbikes so I have plenty of seat time on both just feel busa is the better bike for me but everyone is different and that's fine I just hope the gen 3 can be the best I've ever owned that's all I care about!
I doubt it'll be the fastest you've ever owned, but it'll probably be the most well rounded :beerchug:
Yep I might say screw it return akrapovic titanium exhaust and carbon wheels on florida roads not a good look if I bust them I would be so mad and get a turbo and it's night night gonna talk it over with friends and family...but it's looking like this may be my first turbo bike! What you guys think?
I wouldn't recommend turbocharging a brand new gen 3, bye bye warranty for one, and turbocharging your daily rider is a very expensive and tedious affair. They need constant attention, need race fuel, are easy to blow up if you like to twist the throttle a lot, it's hard to find good tuners so you need to know how to do a lot of the work yourself, they tend to like stranding you.... and my biggest complaint is you can't just jump on one and go out and hammer it every ride with no worries like you can a stock motored machine.

My next forced-induction bike will be from the factory...no more bolt on kits for me. I would only recommend a bolt on turbo bike as a secondary bike that you don't put a ton of miles on. Keep the gen 3 for your dependable like a brick everyday fun bike :thumbsup:

Perhaps Suzuki would’ve had more R&D money to spend if they didn’t bother wasting time creating engines that would’ve never worked or even fit in the frame, I put it down to lazy corporate effort being caught out with Euro 5 otherwise we would’ve had Gen 2’s til the cows come home.
Agreed, however, I think they (Suzuki) were trying to deliver a pavement shredder but got hung up in trying to get it Euro 5 compliant while still putting down maximum power and staying affordable.

Kawasaki got caught too as the ZX14R became non-Euro 5 and I've read the H2 isn't either...

Agreed, however, I think they (Suzuki) were trying to deliver a pavement shredder but got hung up in trying to get it Euro 5 compliant while still putting down maximum power and staying affordable.

Kawasaki got caught too as the ZX14R became non-Euro 5 and I've read the H2 isn't either...
I agree... I think they've did a good job of compromising, by making a bike that's going to be a blast to ride, while meeting Euro 5 and keeping the cost semi-reasonable lol. It's not going to drop like the first gen did and shock the motorcycle world, but those days are over :(

I think the next shock will be a 250-300hp equivalent electric hyper-bike.... now who's the first to make it is the million dollar question ;) Maybe the next busa?

I agree... I think they've did a good job of compromising, by making a bike that's going to be a blast to ride, while meeting Euro 5 and keeping the cost semi-reasonable lol. It's not going to drop like the first gen did and shock the motorcycle world, but those days are over :(

I think the next shock will be a 250-300hp equivalent electric hyper-bike.... now who's the first to make it is the million dollar question ;) Maybe the next busa?
I'd say Lightning has that title already...

For all the riding I do, one of these would be great...all except the price tag that is..

Last edited:
You guys can complain all you want, I like the optimism in some of the latter posts. All I know is, that GEN 3 is gonna look real pretty sitting next to my GEN 1 in the garage. The trailer I'm getting from my friend in Canada can be hooked up to either one. Ain't that a hoot?.

Back