Gen 2 swingarm on Gen 1

Blake051300

Registered
I'm sure this question has been asked but I couldn't find it in a search. I have a chance to get a great deal on a cheater arm for my gen 1 busa, however the arm is off a gen 2. I have heard that there is a rear brake issue and possibly a spacer issue in the pivot. Can someone tell me exactly whats involved in the swap and specifically where to get parts necessary (or what to make) to do it.

You will need the bolt and pivot pin for the shock mount knuckle and the rear brake caliper and hanger off the GenII arm. The bearing diameter on the GenII arm ( shock mount bearing ) is smaller than the Gen 1

Or just have a tab for your brake bar welded to the new arm.

So its really that simple? I found a rear caliper with the bracket and brake line on e-bay for $49 (and its new) and the gen 2 arm has the bolt and pin in it. Great as usual this is the one stop shop for all busa related questions. :bowdown:

What about the brake rotor? Will everything still line up with the rotor on my wheel or does my gen 1 caliper bolt to the gen 2 bracket and then everything fits fine??

Getting ready to drop the hammer and get the parts I need but I still have a few questions unanswered.

1) Will my brake hose fit properly with the new caliper?
2) Is my rear rotor going to be correct diameter and spaced correctly to ride within brake pads?
3) If I buy bolts for GenII rear shock and lever mount will that mount the Gen 1 shock correctly or should I replace with a GenII shock and lever assembly?
4) Will my Gen 1 axle and adjuster assembly work with the GenII arm?

Sorry for all the questions but I would prefer to find all the parts I need and have them available when I do the install. I'm sure someone here has done it and knows all the answers.

my op is that is more work that its worth

when i bought my moded arm the first one i got the said was for gen 2 well it was not it was a modded gen 1 arm

brgs for dog bones are diff , brake set up diff ex may be minor details but i didnt want to down grade or worry about basterdizing my bike so i sent it back and ordered another gen2 modded arm

i know you say you got a deal but really is it worth it ! to me no

any how yes its fairly simple

you say cheater arm you mean extended ,, if it is then no you may need a longer brake line the other questions i dont know

didnt go that route

Yes by cheater arm I mean that it's a stock arm with 3" inches cut out of a donor arm and welded in. Walking past the bike its really not noticeable. Seems like I should either sell it or just weld on a tab to mount the brake arm and make an extended brake arm. Then call it a day.

Back