Gen 1 Swingarm swap

gggsxr11

Registered
Hey Guys,
Can anyone tell me what gixxer swingarm will fit Gen 1 and shorten the wheelbase and by how much and what is needed to complete the swap,i have heard gsxr600 or certain gsxr1000 arms are an easy fit.???

I am in Australia by the way so forgive me.

I have a 1000 extended arm...on a gen 1...just a dumb question...you could have you stock arm and brake bar cut shorter and re-welded fairly easy. How much shorter do you want it / why? It seems some guys who like to go extra fast in the turns raise up the rear a bit and are quite happy...make sure you explore all options before you spend a chunk of change on shipping a swing arm + other parts to make it fit.

Hi 66,
So if you have a 1000 arm on already can you tell me off which year and how hard it was to fit,any mods to shock to fit ,is the swingarm to frame bolt the same??? A picture would be great.

750 SRAD fits plug and play and is about an inch shorter.
600 SRAD fits too but seems a bit weak to me for road use.

Thanks B12,
Can you tell me which year SRAD's swingers are plug and play,i reckon you are right about the 600 arms,i would like the arm to look like the busa does with the bracing,i have seen some on ebay but they are different years so I am not sure which one to get???

I'm not going to tell you not to do it .

But this was the result of what can happen with a shortened , unbraced 600 swing arm on a Busa.

Crash Rt2 - YouTube[/url]

I come thru at 48 seconds kicking parts off the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,
I have seen that while searching the web.
I am thinking a 750 standard braced standard 750 length arm though if you think that makes a difference.

Ggg, I'm in Melbourne and considering the same swap. I've started by buying a GSXR1000 K7 front end and am right now trying to ascertain if the steering stems are the same length. I have GSXR1000 K7 seat unit, and would do the swing arm too. My limited research to date suggests swap requires shock and linkages changed also. k7 parts are pretty cheap from US wreckers as you probably know. I'm keen to find out how you go.

finally got an arm from usa and have not tried it yet....
watch this space

I hope you didn't get a srad arm. The proper years to use are 2001-2003 Gsxr 600. 2000-2003 750. 2001-2002 Gsxr1000. You will also need the shock knuckle/pivot from one of those years also.
There is nothing wrong with the unbraced
Gsxr600 arm. We used to extend those and use them for drag racing before they started doing chromolly arms.
I repeat-- do not use the 96-99 srad arms!! The shock won't even bolt to the pivot due to clearance issues.
And on top of that you wld have to space out the right footpeg almost 3/4 inch to clear the arm.

Back