Gen 2 coolant overflow bottle on Gen 1 busa

With most normal operating engines the coolant will expand and go into the bottle during normal operation. Take a look at cars that only have a "degas" reservoir they are marked for cold and hot level. Also the reason why a faulty radiator cap will cause overheating because it won't let the pressure out. I would not run without overflow bottle, too many what if's when it comes to the thought of coolant ending up on the tires.

if you go to a gen 2 radiator with 2 fans and wire it up yourself, then you just use a gen 2 thermostat and cut out the ram air duct where the bottle goes to it. And its a PITA to fill. plus you wanna relocate your temp sensor with the RCC kit to the hose on the right side

I'm with me bro on this one. 5 Busa's and 20 years later I have never seen anything come or go out outa that bottle. My Gen I's both just developed a sludge in the bottom of the bottle from no use. Maybe they get used in a hotter climate, IDK.

Skip the bottle Thomas unless maybe you've seen it fill up in your climate? Even then,run a hose out the side and not on the path of yer rear tire.Save the hassle and cost. :thumbsup:
Rubb.
I almost feel like I am being pranked
Just curious why anyone would have to replace a water bottle?

Are you rebuilding a crashed bike?
My shop burnt down and many parts were inside.

I almost feel like I am being pranked

My shop burnt down and many parts were inside.
@jeffgordons24 did some serious modding to get his gen 2 radiator in his gen 1. Before he stopped coming around he shared a whole lot of cool ideas with his rebuild. Kind of wonder how he's doing, @c10 You talked to him lately??

@jeffgordons24 did some serious modding to get his gen 2 radiator in his gen 1. Before he stopped coming around he shared a whole lot of cool ideas with his rebuild. Kind of wonder how he's doing, @c10 You talked to him lately??
No not in awhile. He was in a toxic relationship, and work was not well .
We should put Steven in our thoughts n prayers

it makes no sense (to me) because the gen1´s bottle water stand can be easily controled nearly at all times
without kneeling down + bending your neck + handlamp like at gen2.

in my opinion suzuki changed at handling that thing from good to bad.
I was being a idiot and seeing if I could use a Gen 2 bottle since it is way Cheaper

Back