Gen 2 performance 100-200kmh

JohnnyDangerous

Registered
Guys, opinions please. I decided to Dragy my bike from 100-200 (dragy is a little GPS box connects to phone app and has proved to be extremely accurate when compared to drag strip timing figures) I decided to do 100-200 kmh as its a bench mark we use on the R35 GTR's. I tried in 2nd-3rd and 1/2/3 prod did the 200kmh in 2nd, best time was 5.22, I was expecting hi 4's, bike is stock derestricted with Dan Moto exhausts and certainly does not feel sluggish. Came home and googled the 100-200 times of various vehicles see first pic

IMG_7161.PNG

Now im maybe 200lbs in my gear and bike had 1/2 tank of fuel, temp was nice and cool and no wheelspin, heres the dragy time 1/2-3 (11400rpm in 2nd)

IMG_7162.PNG

The only way to see which is more accurate is to gather all the vehicles on the list and test them with your device in exactly the same manner....

There are so many variables which affect this sort of testing, it is impossible.

My gen2 was going 5.0-5.05 bone stock with stock exhaust back in 2010 on my vbox 60-130 did it probably 40 times back to back 200lb rider

I did over 10 runs from 1 all pretty much ballpark, is my bike down a little or not? wanted a benchmark before I go different size rear tyre and one down on front sprocket.

I did over 10 runs from 1 all pretty much ballpark, is my bike down a little or not? wanted a benchmark before I go different size rear tyre and one down on front sprocket.
I guess you have your benchmark.

Like I mentioned, there are just too many variables to compare...it's about what YOUR bike is doing.

Sometimes 2 bikes sitting behind each other on the assembly line can produce different power figures.

Wind, road decline/incline, barometric pressure, the condition of the asphalt, tires, chain, wheel bearings, brake caliper sticking, etc, etc, can all play a part. The way you do your tuck, the gear you're wearing your body type and wind resistance....it's a complicated thing.

This is what I was wondering, i fact im thinking about sticking the stock exhaust on and trying it again, looking at the 5.2 plot its got 2 flat bits thats either gear change (but I doubt it) or it span.
I was thinking the same.
Your full exhaust has given gains here and losses there without a correct tune.
Nothing harmful, and worth it for daily riding gains(likely gains in frequently used ranges of the rpms vs flat spots here and there)
For stock tune, the stock pipes probably perform better, but conditions vary so greatly, I wouldn't be concerned with numbers.
The difference is only a fraction of a second too.
Even as a skilled rider, unless you're on your A-game with your drag skills, it's hard to turn those numbers.
I would still get the bike dyno tuned, as the power curve will be smoother and stronger(and I wouldn't care about the dyno hp/trq numbers either) and you'll enjoy the ride even more.
I'de like to know the difference you find if you put the stock exhaust back on.
It would be a cool real world comparison.

Many factors as others have said.

First question is how many miles on your bike and is it healthy? Has it been dynoed lately? What kind of maintenance have you done to it?

How are you shifting? With/without clutch lever?

If it's not tuned and doesn't have any other mods besides the slip-ons, no point in reving it to 11,400RPM. Lower your shift points 200RPM at a time and see how your times improve. You need a few more goodies and tricks if you want to review it out like that... ;)

What's amazing is the gen 2 has been around since '08 and we are still talking about performance gains....

I figure anything that could be done to a gen 2 has been done several times over...

Good to see the older bikes are still relevant and not forgotten since the latest generation has arrived..

Many factors as others have said.

First question is how many miles on your bike and is it healthy? Has it been dynoed lately? What kind of maintenance have you done to it?

How are you shifting? With/without clutch lever?

If it's not tuned and doesn't have any other mods besides the slip-ons, no point in reving it to 11,400RPM. Lower your shift points 200RPM at a time and see how your times improve. You need a few more goodies and tricks if you want to review it out like that... ;)
Im trying to find a dyno locally, it just has derestrictor and slip ons, feels strong and keeps up with similar busas, changing with no clutch.

Do you know by any chance remember when the bubble formed in your runs and was it consistent? I assume you had the tail cowl on too. Were you wearing full, snug leathers (not an AGATT trick question, haha)?

Im trying to find a dyno locally, it just has derestrictor and slip ons, feels strong and keeps up with similar busas, changing with no clutch.
*REV is what it was supposed to say without autocorrect.. :rolleyes:

You need short stacks and a better header to rev it that high. Try again with a few different runs at 10,400, 10,600, 10,800, and 11,000 to see what happens. ;)

Tire pressure? Chain adjusted/lube? Are you fighting wheelies?

What's amazing is the gen 2 has been around since '08 and we are still talking about performance gains....

I figure anything that could be done to a gen 2 has been done several times over...

Good to see the older bikes are still relevant and not forgotten since the latest generation has arrived..
It's because the younger generation are picking them up for a cheap price now and trying all the mods we did 10-20 years ago... :rofl:

Lol right. Like this horse still has some meat on it still. Might as well take a few more whacks at it with the good ol bat!

*REV is what it was supposed to say without autocorrect.. :rolleyes:

You need short stacks and a better header to rev it that high. Try again with a few different runs at 10,400, 10,600, 10,800, and 11,000 to see what happens. ;)

Tire pressure? Chain adjusted/lube? Are you fighting wheelies?
I might try a higher tyre pressure, Ill try the shorter shifting as well, I dont really want to have power high up and sacrifice low down torque.

Back