Gen 2 build for Texas Mile this Spring

So far it looks like depending on dates Ill either head to Ohio or Texas to compete, after reading a lot of peoples experiences I am going to run the bike the first event at stock heights, it appears most people run their fastest times stock as it is what they are the most familiar with. Maybe down the road Ill lower the front and rear for traction...

You run stock until you bang the limiter in 6th before you make a change you might with the HP you have you might have to go +1

Yes as Johnny stated above don't get greedy with the gearing. I ran 207 on my Gen II at Mojave with a 190/55 and a +1 on the rear in P-P trim. Big Jeff has run 215 with a well sorted 1441 Gen II in APS-G trim using stock gearing and 190/55. I learned my lesson the hard way $$$$$ with over gearing stuff. Also if you go -2 on the rear you may have to lengthen the chain if you need to start going up teeth. If you start +1 or 2 and you have to go smaller it is lots easier to shorten a chain.

Does anyone know anything about these Clutch Case and Stator Cover Sliders?

Engine Stator Cover Slider Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R (1999-2012), Black or Silver - Mad Hornets

I want to find some sort of covers for my clutch and stator cases... these are one of the only things I am finding?

here's a stator cover that works
[video]http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-stator-cover-suzuki-hayabusa-b-king?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=CMzN26v5m78CFUhufgodlH8AEg[/video]

Wow you just are a hard head person. You need aeros not cover protectors . Bug I understand if you can not keep the bike upright training wheels you might get.:laugh:

Wow you just are a hard head person. You need aeros not cover protectors . Bug I understand if you can not keep the bike upright training wheels you might get.:laugh:

I am going to be doing track days on my busa, not just LSR events. I am looking for these case covers/sliders as opposed to frame sliders per recommendation of Steve Smithers from "Smithers Customs" to provide protection in case I do go down on the race track.

Apparently Frame Sliders end up causing more damage to Hayabusa's in general when they go down on most of the bike's he has seen, the plastics are designed really well to allow the bike to slide to a stop. The only additional protection he recommends for the bike are stator and clutch covers/sliders as the cases are pretty weak and tend to get destroyed pretty easily when laid down.

Back