Gen 2 build for Texas Mile this Spring

So after much delay and a clock count of 13k miles on the motor now, I have my PCV in hand, my Brocks Alien Head 2 ordered and awaiting shipping confirmation, I am trying to sort out any final parts I need to order here as well to make sure i have everything needed prior to installation. Please recommend any add on's I am missing or good parts to throw on while torn apart.

Here is the list of what I have or is ordered pending shipping:
Brock's Alien Head 2 Black Full System 14"
Dynojet Power Commander V

Here is what I still need, sponsors send me your prices:
Healtech SpeedoHealer
Galfer Steel Braided Front Brake Lines
BMC Race Air Filter
-2 Rear Sprocket (Will I need a new chain due to this change or can I just remove links from my stock chain?)

Now shoot some ideas for add on's that will be useful in attaining my 200mph run?

Bueller???? (Crickets, chirp chirp chirp) ??

Anyone>??>?

I currently have in my Pashnit Cart Galfer Front and Rear Braided lines thanks to their buy the front get the rear free deal, DOT3 brake fluid and a Speedo Healer...

I would really like to know if theirs anything else I need to add before I place my order...

Come on folks...I actually can do this now and no response is killing me from the Hayabusa community...

Look up Got-Busa and look at the thread he has. He has a whole write up on everything he did to get to 204 with a stock motor.

Look up Got-Busa and look at the thread he has. He has a whole write up on everything he did to get to 204 with a stock motor.

I have reviewed his thread pretty well but its a few years old at this point so I wanted to see whats changed, any new info, new products, new bolt ons etc that people have discovered since then...

He had previously replied to this thread when I first started it two years ago.

oK new Order summary.

New Parts I have purchased:
- Power Commander V
- Speedo Healer V4.0
- Brock's Alien Head 2 Black 14" Full System
- Galfer Braided Front and Rear Brake Lines
- Galfer Super Dot 4 Brake Fluid

Still need:
- BMC Race Air Filter
- (-2) rear sprocket
- Rear adjustable lowering links
- Front Straps (or) Adjustable Triple Tree.

Update:

New Parts I have purchased:
- Power Commander V
- Speedo Healer V4.0
- Brock's Alien Head 2 Black 14" Full System
- Galfer Braided Front and Rear Brake Lines
- Galfer Super Dot 4 Brake Fluid
- BMC Race Air Filter

Still need:
- (-2) rear sprocket
- Rear adjustable lowering links
- Front Straps (or) Adjustable Triple Tree.

Not much has changed over the years on basic bolt-on's....I'd maybe add short stacks to your list but you are on the right track.

How much do you weight? Honestly, I would just shoot for 190+ at this point and keep your fingers crossed for favorable weather conditions.. ;)

Not much has changed over the years on basic bolt-on's....I'd maybe add short stacks to your list but you are on the right track.

How much do you weight? Honestly, I would just shoot for 190+ at this point and keep your fingers crossed for favorable weather conditions.. ;)

Glad to hear it, thanks for the info. Is their a specific year GSXR1000 to grab the short stacks from?
I am pushing about 225-230 right now working my way back down to hopefully 210-215 before my first run this year.

Start saving money....the entry fee is stupid now. I am done with it. They priced this poor man out of mile racing.

Start saving money....the entry fee is stupid now. I am done with it. They priced this poor man out of mile racing.

I cannot imagine it being much worse than our local track days $150 + for most days prior to tires/fuel etc...

This past March was $410 for 2 days...~$500 for 3 days..plus all other stuff.

I broke on my first run, nitrous solenoid stuck open and I think I spun a bearing, I haven't opened it yet. My racing partner shared his bike with me and we got a total of 6 runs both days.

This past March was $410 for 2 days...~$500 for 3 days..plus all other stuff.

I broke on my first run, nitrous solenoid stuck open and I think I spun a bearing, I haven't opened it yet. My racing partner shared his bike with me and we got a total of 6 runs both days.

Is this just the pricing in Texas or do Utah and Ohio both follow pretty closely?
This definitely will make me reconsider which location I will go to for making runs, one benefit of living in the middle of the country is their all about the same distance in travel for me.

Is this just the pricing in Texas or do Utah and Ohio both follow pretty closely?
This definitely will make me reconsider which location I will go to for making runs, one benefit of living in the middle of the country is their all about the same distance in travel for me.

Not sure about other locations. There are a few guys on here who have done other tracks and may chime in. TX Mile wasn't that bad in the beginning, but jumped up too much this past race.

Can anyone pro/con Straps for the front end V.S buying a new top triple tree that is adjustable?

Well my bike is being dropped off to Steve Smithers at Smithers Customs this morning for him to work his tuning magic, he will do the ECU changes to remove the speed limiter and will increase the rev limiter the extra 500rpm I believe he said, then he will create the custom mapping on the dyno for the PCV. I am really excited to see the numbers he comes back with and to feel the changes in my motorcycles performance after he completes his work. This has been what seems like a forever journey, cannot wait to see my sheets. A friend of mine that works close by is going to record the dyno runs on his go pro for me so not only will I get my dyno sheets to post up Ill have gopro video too :)

Well my buddy dropped the ball so no
GoPro video but here are the numbers...

First one is the final numbers she put up 186.75 Max HP, 108.14 Max TRQ,

Second one is before and after map.

Third one should be the before tune 180.39 Max HP, 105.05 Max TRQ.

Dyno1.jpg

Dyno2.jpg

Dyno3.jpg

Did you use the GSXR1000 velocity stacks? I wouldn't expect anymore power from them but you would extend your power range a tiny bit in the 10,000 to 11,000 range giving you a little bit more over run for shifting. Get yourself a quickshifter, the one that is sold by Boost by Smith that interfaces with ECU Editor/Woolich works pretty good IMO. Use MR12 and get a good tune for it.
As far as gearing goes I'd start with +1 if you have a 190/50 tire if you have a 190/55 go +2 and bring stock and -1 in case the weather gods shine on you. You can play with gearing, tire choices and rpm ranges here Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator. Remember that the stock tach reads about 10% high. With the power you have you’ll need a good hard launch and a killer tuck. Getting a stock engine bike to 200 mph is a game of inches so most importantly look for guys there like Bob Sellers (Bullet Bob) and Tom Krause (rides a ZX14 but is a good knowledge dude) they'll help you get what you can out of the bike.

Did you use the GSXR1000 velocity stacks? I wouldn't expect anymore power from them but you would extend your power range a tiny bit in the 10,000 to 11,000 range giving you a little bit more over run. As far as gearing goes I'd start with +1 if you have a 190/50 tire if you have a 190/55 go +2 and bring stock and -1 in case the weather gods shine on you. With the power you have your launch is going to very important to be able to carry your speed out the back end. You can play with gearing, tire choices and rpm ranges here Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator. Remember that the stock tach reads about 10% high. Most important look for guys there like Bob Sellers and Tom Krause they'll help you get what you can out of the bike.

I have a set of 190/50/17 on the rear right now but I just bought a second set of wheels that I am going to mount some 190/55/17's on with a -1 or -2 rear sprocket not sure which still have to play with things a bit. That looks like a good tool for sorting this stuff out..thanks for the link.

Back