Any South Texas Riders?

det45

Registered
I live in San Antonio Texas and would love to go on a extended bike run. I haven't taken my Gen 2 Busa on a road trip yet. Anyone in the area interested on a road trip before the weather starts to cool off in south central Texas? :thumbsup:

Several friends of mine do group rides however they mostly own cruisers, looking for a group ride in central south Texas with a few sport bikes......:thumbsup:

sup guys, I dont live in SA but i live an 1 hr from. its ok to me to drive to SA and do the ride. I go to SA every saturday.

Fort Hood is an hour north of Austin. I head down there every other weekend or so. Have not visited San Antonio yet though. Heard it's real nice and should be down there sometime this next month.

Cool, maybe we can form a group and go on a ride. If interested send me a private message and I will try to form a group. We need to get at least four or five people together to make the trip worth your time. Let me know and I'll organize the trip.....det45 :thumbsup:

RacerXTex (Greg) and his wife, Rebecca are in Houston and both have 'busas.

Greg is a board member and his screen name is as noted above.

Good luck, ride safe, have fun!

:beerchug:

Anything cool to check out besides that river walk in SA next time I'm down there? I'll most probably head down there at the end of this month.

Not a lot to see in San Antonio per say but there is a lot of surrounding towns in the hill country to cruise that are beautiful with lot's of twistys. :thumbsup:

If you think San Antonio has no sight seeing....you should see Corpus Christi. I don't even see group rides here. Tried to talk to some of the riders here with rude results. I guess if your not in their club your nobody. I lived in California for four years and never had problems talking with people like here in Corpus.

I'm from S.A. and rode up there a few times. Need to get up there again and Austin to get into some group rides, much nicer people north of Corpus Christi.

Once again...Don't come to Corpus to ride they are lame here and really nothing to see.

I'm all for a group ride, there are places to go in San Antonio but like any other city everything seems to be the same within the city. Personally I like to ride the hill country like Fredricksburg, Bandera, etc. Again if I can get a group organized will set something up......det45

We like to ride here in Austin! Organization is just they key factor for all of us with the differing schedules. We have the Busa members and some riders from our local sport bike rider forum that we ride with. We always have a really great time. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Post up and throw a date and time out (we try to avoid the hottest point of the afternoon if possible). There is a Texas thread in the local meet and greets thread where we usually start these. :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

august 23rd Im gonna ride with the alamo cycle plex crowd. All bikes will be there but will be a few busas and zx14 running.check out alamo cycle plex web site for ride info.later

Back