Gauge question

JShayabusa2006

Registered
So I've been on this forum for 2 months now and all I have are problems! Thank god for this forum or I'd be lost!

So to my newest problem. I've just put my tank back on, i hooked up the battery and the gauge does the regular sweep around. Now ive turn the to the on position and my gauge does do the sweep like it's suppose to when I turn it on( I haven't turned it over yet). The gauge is blank! There are no numbers, the turn signals, nuetral, highbeam and oil light comes on. I don't want to turn it yet just incase I cause a bigger problem.... Boom? Lol also the brake light doesn't come on when I pull the lever or press the brakes.
Please help!!! I'm scared for my busa!

Double check that everything is hooked up correctly, that no wires are pinched, and that the plug is seated properly into the back of the guages. If the lcd display still does not work, these are the guys that can fix it. They will also recover your original mileage. Scott's quality, service, turn around time, and reputation are excellent.

www.welcometoblueguages.com

see what hapens when you start the bike. The gauge cluster has no ill effect on the engine and the brake light not coming on in th tail doesn't effect things either.

I think, I think what you are describing is normal. I dont remember seeing anything on my cluster until I start the bike. Surely the clock should come on, but I dont normally look at it.

The gauge is blank! There are no numbers, the turn signals, nuetral, highbeam and oil light comes on.

You're still with the '06 right? Is it the original gauge cluster?

The LCDs shouldn't be blank. I've got a '06 and this is what is supposed to happen.
When the ignition is switched to on, kill switch off:
- gauges will sweep;
- neutral and oil will light; (no turn signals or highbeam. You might want to check that they are turned off.)
- FI will light momentarily;
- bottom LCD will show odometer (miles/km);
- top LCD will show CHEC;
- temp gauge will move to "H"

When the kill switch is flipped on:
- top LCD will display the clock;
- fuel pump will prime;
- temp gauge will move to "C"

Back