04 busa wont start

jcintron1987

Registered
ok guys heres my problem... about 2 days ago i went out to start my bike and i got gauge light up(sweeping of the gauges) but when i went to start it it died... no juice.... jumped it off and started right up... rode it to work and when i got off went out and same problem... gauge sweep but no juice to crank... jumped it off and viola starts right up.. ride it home cut it off try to crank it back up and it starts no problem... so i take my battery to my local auto parts store and they test it and it reads that the battery is bad... i ordered a new trugel batter and put it in today and when i went to crank it up i got nothing... no gauge sweep... nothing.... no power to the gauges at all... i checked my main fuse and it was blown... so i replaced that and still.... nothing.. no headlight, gauge lights nothing... now when i unplug the headlight i get gauge light up, sweeping of gauges and everything but it just ticks cant start it... im new to the busa world and would greatly appreciate any ideas or advice

all my battery cables are hooked up properly... im getting power to the bike but only when my headlight is disconnected.... when i reconnect the headlight then i get nothing at all

If you have a volt meter, test the battery at different stages, switch on, off, starter engaged, you might need some help doing that. I would also charge the battery and see if it has been fully charged. It sounds like it is still not getting enough power

ive got it hooked up to my battery tender right now and its giving me a reading that its fully charged... when i first picked up the new battery i had it checked at pep boys and the volt meter read that it was pushing 12.7 volts

Maybe a cable is bad or dirty, it sounds like little amperage is getting thru the cables, since the drain of the headlamp causes it not to start.

when i take the tender off of the battery.. i dont get enough power to even light up the neutral light and the gauge lights are dim

I would put my money on the battery or cables. Even a new battery can be bad

The tender might not be enough to give the battery a full charge. I have a charger or two here.....in NC

Check to make sure you have your positive and negatives hooked up correctly. You probably blew your main fuse because you hooked it up wrong the first time. The main fuse will blow to prevent further damage to the bike. Make sure you replaced it with another 30amp fuse. I believe that is it. Then check all your other fuses as well.

Check and make sure you don't have worn wires touching somewhere. (under the tank/seat, there is a place where all the wires get smashed. There is a plastic covering on it, but you might check that place) You can take a volt meter and see if you're shorted out anywhere.

Might check your tip over and kick stand sensor as well, and my clutch lever has to be at least on #2 for it to start, so if you have aftermarket levers, check those.

Back