Temp gauge stuck on HOT/max all the time even when key out & wont sweep PLEASE HELP!

rialb_d

Registered
This is my first post on here. I have a 2004 Hayabusa Limited Edition that is in MINT condition (10k miles) with the exception that my temp or heat gauge is stuck on HOT or MAX at all times. Even with the key out the gauge is still all the way up on HOT. When I put the key in and turn it on, the rest of the gauges ALL sweep to max and back down EXCEPT the heat gauge. The little red light DOES come on in the temp gauge but the needle will not move at all, EVER. LOL. About the only thing I havent tried is unplugging the gauge cluster wire harness plug to see if the needle stays at HOT/max...

I have heard that an air bubble in the coolant system may cause the fan not to come on and other problems, but my fan works (comes on when it gets hot, turns off after a few mins as it cools) and it doesn't seem to run hot or anything. I have also unplugged what I thought was the sensor (at top left of radiator) for the gauge and the needle wont move at all (stays on HOT/max). I am wondering if it is a prob with the mechanical part in the gauge cluster. If it is a prob with the gauge itself, is it possibe to replace only the temp gauge in the cluster? Just wanted a little more info before I remove the nose... AGAIN! LOL. :banghead:

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS.
here is a vid of what it's doing...

Re: Temp gauge stuck on HOT/max all the time even when key out & wont sweep PLEASE HE

Have you tried the gauge reset?

Re: Temp gauge stuck on HOT/max all the time even when key out & wont sweep PLEASE HE

Yeah it looks like the needle is just stuck up there. When the power is cut off it should fall like the rest of them. I had that happen to my speedo when I installed a set of glow gauges. The needle kept sticking on the fuel and temp, took the gauges apart and readjusted the needle and lightly sanded down the gauge area between the needle and the paper and didnt have a problem after that. That was what worked for me and like i said this was because of the after market glow gauges, not sure if that is the case with you because it looks like they are stock. Maybe some condensation got in there and the needle stuck to the background? Either way good luck :beerchug:

:laugh:

Very sorry to have posted a duplicate post for this...

Thanks for the info. I took the gauges completely out, moved the needle and ensured it was not stickin on anything put them back together, and even unplugged/replugged the TEMP SENDING UNIT AT THE TOP OF THE ENGINE (under the gas tank. Nothing changed. I'm pretty sure the component on the circuit board that makes the needle move has stopped working. This sucks because I am going to have to buy a whole new gauge cluster I think. I dont know where to get a new "temperature module" thing to solder on there. Thanks for the help guys, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP! SO glad to be a member of this page!

Back