Gas prices

has nothn to do with elections. never has and never will. gas prices are dictated by international events not political events here in the US. global crude prices have dropped more than $15 a barrel from their peak in mid summer when the violence in Iraq was on the rise.

the price of north sea brent crude has stayed below a $100-a-barrel level since earlier this month. thats the lowest levels in over two years.

and oil and natural gas production are at a 28-year high because of the boom in shale oil. US is burning less gas this time of year as they always do when the summer comes to an end. less ppl driving means less demand for gas therefore prices drop.

Really ? Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

sad that you would have to celebrate that as a good price. should be under $2 but those days are gone

yea so? nothn to do with any election. there are numerous reason gas prices rise and fall but politics herein the US rarely hav anything to do with it.

the U.S. now imports roughly the same amount of oil from africa as it does from the persian gulf. most comes from canada and latin america so american politics hav little to do with oil prices around the globe

Agreed ^^^

It comes down to GREED on the part of oil company executives etc.

When oil companies make a billion $ in profits every month there is no reason except GREED that they couldn't reduce the cost
of oil enough to reduce the cost of gas at the pumps.

But you know when you ask them how much profit is enough the answer is always "just a little more".
And since they know they have us over a barrel they can get away with just about anything they want to.

Lets face it - it's not like all of America (or the world) could boycott gas for a week to try and send them a message that
demand was down so that prices would HAVE to come down too. Therefore they have us over a barrel.
There is basically nothing that we can do to change the price of gas at the pumps, short of killing executives to send a message. :banghead:

Agreed ^^^

It comes down to GREED on the part of oil company executives etc.

When oil companies make a billion $ in profits every month there is no reason except GREED that they couldn't reduce the cost
of oil enough to reduce the cost of gas at the pumps.

But you know when you ask them how much profit is enough the answer is always "just a little more".
And since they know they have us over a barrel they can get away with just about anything they want to.

Lets face it - it's not like all of America (or the world) could boycott gas for a week to try and send them a message that
demand was down so that prices would HAVE to come down too. Therefore they have us over a barrel.
There is basically nothing that we can do to change the price of gas at the pumps, short of killing executives to send a message. :banghead:

That wouldn't do it...they have an over-supply of those! Oh...and that would be wrong. ;)

yea so? nothn to do with any election. there are numerous reason gas prices rise and fall but politics herein the US rarely hav anything to do with it.

the U.S. now imports roughly the same amount of oil from africa as it does from the persian gulf. most comes from canada and latin america so american politics hav little to do with oil prices around the globe

Sir, not that I read this post but my first post was a joke which went clearly over your head. If you go back and slowly and carefully read a few dozen times you'll see that I ask the question " why are gas prices falling " or something to that affect.

sad that you would have to celebrate that as a good price. should be under $2 but those days are gone
Don't forget all the state and federal taxes that have been tacked on. I read years ago that they're still pumping this stuff out of the ground for $30 / barrel , but that's from memory.

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. Nearly 17 cents a gallon in SC , 52 a gallon in Cali Map of State Gasoline Tax Rates in 2014 | Tax Foundation

I have a vehicle that never gets driven. I guess I better go put $20.00 in it and fill the 5 gallon mower gas can before it starts going back up.

6th highest gas tax in the nation. :banghead:

If only gas could be made from water, or it was easy to separate H2O :laugh:

Hydrogen, a guy was running a fleet on it in the '70's, now the gov is involved and word is, it isn't a practical alternative.

Hydrogen, a guy was running a fleet on it in the '70's, now the gov is involved and word is, it isn't a practical alternative.

Silly you - that's because the Government is in bed with the oil companies.
So of course they are going to be against it.

How long have we heard that vehicles can get a 100 mpg if tuned right or with a better carburetor etc.
And when someone invented one the oil companies either bought them out or they disappeared.
And when you think about it why in this day and age do most vehicles get somewhere between 10 and 50 mpg?

Just doesn't seem, like in the last 30 years or so there have been any real advancements in MPG?

CI$5.80 (Cayman Islands) convert to USD$7.00 per gallon.

THANK YOU for keeping things in perspective. Even though most of us complain about prices, we are blessed with low prices compared to a LOT of places.

Same station I quoted 2 days ago at 2.84, is 2.76 today. Nice.

Back