Gas Price Where you live?

Here in the UK it works out at $12 a gallon
Hey, hey, hey...we're trying to wallow in our misery here...you're stealing the thunder.

laugh.gif

It's unfortunate that these increases aren't taking years to accomplish...instead, days. The end-users (American folk) are having a really tough time keeping up.

============================

I saw 91octane in a mountain town for $4.85/gal. Guess you'll pay it when you need the juice.

Oil companies-->
deadhorse.gif
<--Americans

Here in the UK it works out at $12 a gallon
I wish you would tell the world what Europeans have been paying for YEARS (seems to have been largely ignored by most)..... Even MX has been over $3 a gallon for ages...

BTW... how have fuel prices been doing over the pond? have you seen the massive increases % wise?

$4.06 for 87 here in Springfield, IL. First time past the $4 threshold. The local media is saying $5 by 4th of July.

I only drive 8 miles round trip to work each day so it doesn't affect me too much. BUT ... I'm worried about what it's going to do to the prices of everything else we consume (food, services, etc).

Honestly considering selling all my toys while people still have money to buy them, taking my stash and my guns and living in the woods Ted Kaczynski-style.

This is off the topic a little but has any one heard of the E85 that came out it when for 85cents for a gallon people waited in line for 2 hours to get it. I have looked in to it a little they have a list of cars that is will work in most all new cars 2000 and up take it! Pretty cool

I am in the Austin, TX area, yesterday it was $3.69 per gallon and today it is $3.76 and up per gallon.

I put $33 in gas in my tank and got 8.51 gallons the day before yesterday. AAAGGGHH!!
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Gas Prices in Kankakee County soared past the long-feared $4-per-gallon threshold Wednesday night, with prices at most city stations hitting $4.09 within a matter of hours.

A quick check on Wednesday night showed local stations in virtual lock-step on prices for regular self-serve gasoline -- Mike's Shell on Station Street, BP on Court Street, Speedway on Route 17, Citgo on Court Street and both Phillips 66 stations on Court street all had prices at $4.09 a gallon.

"I'm going to have to mortgage the house to fill up the truck, this is (expletive) ridiculous," a customer at the Phillips 66 in west Kankakee yelled to anyone within earshot before squealing off in his full-sized Ford pickup. A check of his gas pump showed he'd just spent $84 for a tank of fuel.

Gas City, however, was the undisputed local gas price leader.

The station, right off of Interstate 57, was charging $4.15 per gallon Wednesday night. The only other exception was the Marathon station, across from the BP on Court Street, which sold gas for $4.08 a gallon.

As early as last weekend, gas in the region hovered in the $3.90 to $3.93 range. Some stations may still have gas for that price -- according to Gasbuddy.com/Illinois, gas remained at $3.93 per gallon at the Speedway, 111 S. Kinzie in Kankakee as of 7 p.m.

Prices also topped the $4 per gallon threshold in Bloomington-Normal, which is typically 5 cents or more cheaper than in Kankakee County, according to The Bloomington-Pantagraph. According to AAA Chicago, prices in downstate cities of Peoria and Champaign, roughly 90 miles south of Kankakee remained in the sub $4-per-gallon range.

Experts blame record-closing oil prices of $133 per barrel and increased demand from Memorial Day travel for the surge.

"If these numbers continue to climb, it doesn't bode well for motorists during Memorial Day weekend travel," Nicole Niemi, AAA Chicago's spokesperson, said in a statement.

Others say rampant speculation on the commodities market and soaring demand in India and China are partially to blame. Saudi Arabia also has repeatedly refused to pump more oil to meet demand, further driving up prices.

AAA Chicago's most recent Fuel Gauge Report estimates that in Illinois, regular unleaded gasoline has increased 44 cents during the past month, which is 57 cents higher per gallon than last at this time last year.

The record high gasoline and oil prices came as Congress grilled the executives of the nation's oil firms -- already swimming in record profits -- on why more can't be done to help consumers.

"Where is the corporate conscience?" Sen. **** Durbin, D-Ill., asked the top executives of the five largest U.S. oil companies.

The national average price of a gallon of gasoline hit $3.80, with $4 showing up in more places. Crude prices increased even more in late electronic trading Wednesday hitting $134 for the first time.

It was the second time this year the executives had been summoned to testify before Congress. When they came in early April oil cost about $98 a barrel.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

I don't want to talk about fuel prices. Oil prices sitting at $135 a barrel is a crock of crap. There is no reason. We are dying economically because of this.

Saw 3.92 & 3.95 in Kankakee, IL yesterday.
It was 3.95 at one station in Joliet,IL and went to 4.19 today.

Unreal. Thinking of tring 17/38 for MPG.

this just in: "Record breaking profits fro US oil companies..." Oh really. Can our GOVERNMENT do NOTHING about this?

$3.79 a gal. here in western mass.today and i hope the oil industry dies a slow and painful death for allowing it to go this far!
firedevil.gif

Havent left the house since last friday but it was 3.95/gal then. Not sure what it is now
dunno.gif

This is off the topic a little but has any one heard of the E85 that came out it when for 85cents for a gallon people waited in line for 2 hours to get it. I have looked in to it a little they have a list of cars that is will work in most all new cars 2000 and up take it! Pretty cool
E85 only adds to the problem in America

that was probably some kind of gimmick to get it noticed..

Aside from a lot of controversy about the fuel...

E85 is plentiful here in the middle of corn country and it was $2.35 a gallon when gas was right at $2

A lot of controversy over methanol being a viable alternative fuel but the fact is, we can produce it here and as technology gains a bit, the return will increase per ton of corn/bio matter processed.

as with any methanol/ethanol based engine, it requires nearly twice as much in volume to produce the same amount of power or work.. the 15% of petroleum based fuel added has a pretty dramatic effect on this aspect and from what I have been able to find, 10% has about the same effect on fuel efficiency.

FYI unless your car has the "yellow" gas cap, do not try and run this stuff, there are only a limited number of cars that can/will run this blend....(sounds silly but a few have tried.. you might make it off the parking lot before your car dies..)

Im in Liverpool England and Pay £ 5.65 per gallon of premium

Aprox $ 11.30 so you guy have got it good

Back