Gas prices where you are!

I saw $1.68 at lunch today.

image-2733463237.jpg

1.97 here today same Shell station. Now that the $2 barrier is broken, H O L Y C O W $1.40 actually looks to be within reason.

Love the No Ethanol price above. No E is still like $2.70ish here.

I saw an article that thinks the slide may change soon. Apparently the Libyian factions are now targeting each other's wells..

If Libya was a larger player in the totals I'd be in agreement. Although what they do provide is high grade crude. We have learned to refine all grades of oil to be as useable as needed. It just cost less for a barrel of Libya oil to be refined. And they can fight all they want. They will still need to sell it regardless of who controls it. If they can't sell it, there is no real market for camels, tents, olives and dates to sustain them.

A year ago if a camel farted in Libya, gas went up .20/gal overnight. Crude is at $53 today and gasoline futures are currently showing $1.45/gal. for Feb. contracts. And falling. Libya doesn't appear to be scaring anyone. I never thought my life would ever see these prices again.

The first negative sign I have seen for me is drilling permit applications are down 55% in Texas. Two companies exploring shale formations in eastern Louisiana have announced that no new wells will be started next year. I'd like to hear more about this info and the whys. This to me could be the first signs of the domestic producers yelling uncle.

My petro chemical friend out in Colorado has said they are not worried unless they see $35/barrel prices. They are at 10% profit at $30/barrel. They have not slowed down yet, but layoffs begin at $35/barrel is where her company is at right now. 6 months ago they were telling her to cut back on production levels, now she is running at full speed and trying to find more.

She works for Haliburton. They are down 20% since November freefall started. I'd kinda would like to see some leveling off now, but I doubt Libya will be the camels fart now to cause it.

Is that snow I see?

We had a record amount of snow fall for November and now are near a record for the least amount of snow in December. :thumbsup: .5 inches is the old record back in 1955.

$1.86 near me.
$1.70 20 miles away.

It is leftover snow from Saturday. You never know what we are going to get here in Oklahoma City. I remember one year our only two snowfalls were on Halloween eve and the 3rd week of March.

It is leftover snow from Saturday. You never know what we are going to get here in Oklahoma City. I remember one year our only two snowfalls were on Halloween eve and the 3rd week of March.

Thanks for the info.

So you get as many (or more) tornadoes as you do snowfalls? ??? :banghead:

Thanks for the info.

So you get as many (or more) tornadoes as you do snowfalls? ??? :banghead:

That we do. We even had a tornado about 15 days ago. And Hail, and a 3.3 earthquake all in the same day!
Sunday?s Oklahoma County tornado, a new record for December | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Snowstorms are usually not a problem as they are usually brief and the temps are back up pretty quickly to thaw it out. It pretty much shuts everything down though. The ice storms can be pretty bad.

1.97 here today same Shell station. Now that the $2 barrier is broken, H O L Y C O W $1.40 actually looks to be within reason.

Love the No Ethanol price above. No E is still like $2.70ish here.

I never knew that NO ETHANOL was even available.
It is not sold here - at least not at any of the gas stations I visit.

Is that like pure gas? ???

Does the Busa run better on No E ???

I wonder how far I would have to haul my trailer with 55 gallon drums? ???

Now for the big question. When the DON"T ADD ethanol they raise the price? and when they do add it they lower the price? Is that right? ???

HaHaHa...You kids......Ethanol only came to be about 10 years or so again as a way to bring down our dependence on foreign oil. And it was also heavily subsided by the government. If we pull the plug on it now, the corn market would crash. I can't see it ever going away now. But look at it this way. Take 1.00/Gal gas. Add 10% of a flammable safe for car additive that cost .03/Gal and you can bring your price for gas down to .94Gal Probably bad math but you get the idea. If the base price for fuel rose, your Ethanol was still cheap and Oh by the way 10% has become closer to 18% now. They just slip that in without asking. So this helped keep the cost of fuel from going out of control stupid.

In the good old days, there was no such things as Ethanol in our gas and some engines, mostly high performance ones can't use it. Back then I could get 104 Octane Sunoco just like any other gas at the station. And when you are pre ECU days and running a 454 Big Block with high compression that was pretty much your only choice for gas and they sold it everywhere. So E Free has been sort of relegated to a specialty high performance market. Read that as STUPIDLY expensive pay to play proposition.

Nowadays, a vehicle will burn 87 E mixed gas gas pretty much as the norm. But early 2000ish and before, often have issues with gaskets that fail, corrosion that builds up in the fuel system etc. They'd burn it alright you just got less performance. My old 2003 carbed Magna ate its fuel gaskets after Ethanol was forced down its throat. When you rebuild, you just get better gaskets that stand up to it better. But I had to rebuild anything that fuel touched that had a gasket.

E Free gas has more energy per volume than an E mixed fuel. So the more modern ECUs can now see better gas, and make better power for the same amount of fuel used. Correlates to better MPG and more yielded power out. But worth the price? That's your call. It won't make a huge huge difference without a tune.

Don't confuse E mixed fuel with the term E85. E mixed fuels is about a 10% mix. E85 ethanol fuel blend is 85% denatured ethanol fuel and 15% gasoline. In other words this is racing fuel.

Here ya go E Free gas stations no matter where you live. Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

You're welcome! :-)

Thanks for the info TT.

Now why is it that No E hasn't come down in price like regular gas has?

I see what you are saying about is it worth it. Regular gas is 87 and No E is 90-91, and almost double the price.
Yet you would be lucky to see a 10% increase in MPG, if that. So I doubt that I would use it in my 4 wheel vehicles but
would I see any difference in the Busa? - and no I would NOT get a tune as I might use it once in awhile but not all the time.
So IF the ONLY way to see a difference was a tune using No E then I really don't think it would be worth it - at least not at these prices.

One of the stations near me (thanks to your list link) claims they have 91 and 100. So would it hurt to try the 100 (in the Busa) as that seems like a bigger
difference vs the 91 only being 4 more then the 87 version?

Just curious.

It won't hurt a thing. She will run better but it won't be like a tune better. The ECU will just be able to sense better octane and trim the timing and A/F ratio to a better level. You won't have any way to manually override or exceed maximum timing or A/F ratios because that is ECU limited based on the map it has already You will say "Man she feels like she is running better", but it won't be "Man I got 20 horses out of this". She will probably feel crisper and more responsive. But most of that octane will go out the tailpipes. The flush of No Ethanol will help clean the fuel system out some so there is some benefit there.

1.87 last night at the Exxon/Mobil in Cypress. It varies by about .20-.30 within a few miles

Im trying to work our $AU per Ltr to your US $ per US gallon!

We are paying anything from AU$1.25 to AU$1.50 a ltr,
I think there are 4 ltrs to a US gallon ?
With current exchange rates I'd guess we are on about $4 (US) to one of you gallons.

As a comparison the dumbest labourer on my site is on $25 hour wage.
Step daughter gets $18 hour to flip burgers as a part time when studying job.

Back