Gas prices where you are!

Doing the conversion math gives me 4 bucks a gallon up here in Nova Scotia.

cheers
ken

Crude Oil prices dropped to $66.15 today. Down 10%. With no real support below $75 a barrel, this will be a nice little freefall. OPEC said months ago they intended on pushing the price down to $60/barrel.

Merry Christmas everyone.......:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Putin stated he would build one to Turkey but the price of a barrel is killing him. Prices are getting close to what they were when we paid 50 cents / gal. Obviously the federal government has tremendously increased the tax from the .9 cents a gal. back then and states have added there own taxes but $2.50 / gal. is still high. Why ?

2.50 is at 70ish/barrel prices. Figure with current tax structures present, 40ish should get us around 1.60ish. Can't believe I'm typing this!

If the above is true and America can now produce below $40, then its OPEC that needs the support below $60.

Personally I think it will plateau around 60. Months ago Saudi said this was to put a hurt on Russia and ISIS. I don't think America will want to try and hurt Saudi our ally. We are accomplishing the Russia part. I don't think we as in our system will abandon Saudi and let it fall to $40.

But hell what do I know....lol. I'd love to see $40.

$1.99 to $2.02 on the South side of Oklahoma City today.

The prices seem to be lower than what the drop in Crude would cause. I feel we need to the oil to stay in the $70+ range to keep developing our resources. While I'm enjoying the lower gasoline prices, I'm seeing the potential impact of lower oil prices on the economy in many parts of our country. I'd just as soon place a tariff on imports to artificially raise the cost of imported oil to $100 per barrel to keep our development rolling. I'm old enough to remember what OPEC pulled on us 40 years ago and I don't want us to get in the situation again where they have that much control on us.

We currently domestically produce 9M barrels a day. I have a friend working as a lead engineer for one fracking producer out there in Wyoming. They are being told to slow down production. In summary, there is a LOT more in the ground than we are currently taking......BY A LOT! Apparently North American shale oil quantities that are tappable now, exceed reserves in total what OPEC is known to have in the ground.

Further she says the make a 10% profit at $30 a barrel.

And now it today's financial news, the are actually discussing a $40 a barrel prices.

H O L Y C R A P.

Back