G Forces on a Hayabusa

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
From research it appears the average G force for a MotoGP rider is around 1.2G

Formula1 = 6G

And if the best I have heard from a Gen2 Busa is 2.4 seconds 0-60 it will be:

60 x 1609.34/3600/2.4 = average acceleration of 11.18 meters per second square.

11.18/9.806 = 1.14G

That’s what torque does for the Busa.

On the street, I for one have never pinned my Busa full throttle all the way into the red line in first gear.

How many have?

That’s an interesting breakdown. I wonder what G force the drag racers on their SuperBusa’s are pulling?

From research it appears the average G force for a MotoGP rider is around 1.2G

Formula1 = 6G

And if the best I have heard from a Gen2 Busa is 2.4 seconds 0-60 it will be:

60 x 1609.34/3600/2.4 = average acceleration of 11.18 meters per second square.

11.18/9.806 = 1.14G

That’s what torque does for the Busa.

On the street, I for one have never pinned my Busa full throttle all the way into the red line in first gear.

How many have?

I have pinned everything I've ever ridden, right out of the gate too...I want to know exactly what I'm working with.
It really helps to know.
Cool to see the math too.

Gears 1 to 3 are muted from stock to prevent flip overs
Mine had limiters removed and secondary flies open sooner

Max peak G in 3rd 0.988
full throttle roll on from 40mph

1690523729681.jpeg

Uhh, I don’t think your G meter readout is accurate. Around 60 mph in a fairly lazy curve it showed a full half G. I reached a solid 1G once in a very hard corner in a Corvette I used to own. Felt like my neck snapped. So, 1/2 G @ 60?
Four wheels makes a big difference, why a Formula one apparently gets up to 6G in a corner and a bike has no chance against it. But that is what the internet says, so dunno how accurate it is.

I have pinned everything I've ever ridden, right out of the gate too...I want to know exactly what I'm working with.
It really helps to know.
Cool to see the math too.
Your B's are a lot bigger than mine. :D
3rd gear up to redline still makes me hold on for dear life.

I’ve been 1.15 to the 60, didn’t realize it was almost 3g’s lol that’s cool. I need those pro stock 1.04 numbers tho, I need more money

Just think, the MotoGP riders accelerate to 200 or nearly 200 every lap for 20-25 laps (and) brake hard enough to lift the rear wheel over and over lap after lap. Wonder what the decel GS are.
Apparently deceleration g’s can reach 2g.

Quite an interesting article.

Back