iPhone dyno

Ranger

Registered
Friend of mine downloaded this at work today, looked really cool, I'm gonna see if he'll let me try it w/ my bike. It's around $13 from iTunes apps store.

http://www.dynolicious.com/

screenshot1.gif

Introducing: Dynolicious

Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go!

Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:

* 0-60 Acceleration
* 1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
* Lateral G's
* Horsepower

Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses.

interesting... gimme one, i will send it down the track a few hundred times and see how accurate it is
smile.gif

Now THAT is truly a "KILLER APP"!

I'm going to check that out NOW!

Thanks for the heads-up.

what no reports yet??? just take the thing out on the street
smile.gif

So how would it accurately measure performance? The 2G iPhone uses cell towers to locate itself for GPS features. The 3G iPhone has a GPS antenna built in, but it's only accurate to about 15 ft. That would be pretty inaccurate for true performance data. It would be a cool little toy though.

I just read over the home page. It looks like they are tapping the sensor that measures the orientation of the phone. I'll have to give it a shot with the Busa.

Thanks for the link.
beerchug.gif

Back