iphone-GPS

If you have a 3GS, go into maps
then hit the 'where am I' button on the lower left
now press it again
a "headlight" shows up showing you which direction you are facing. I love that feature. So helpful when I don't know whether to go left or right
I noticed that by accident. Sometimes its wrong though. I think it may take a few min. sometimes to get my exact location. It will show me like 1 street over. I'm not sure if thats something I'll have to deal with on any app or not?

I cant seem to find the tom tom app. Either its not out yet or I just cant find it???

:laugh: Whats up Nick? Good to see you still around. You going to bash? Hope to make it myself.:beerchug:

I guess its okay to jack my own thread:laugh:

LOL thread jacking..sounds so naughty..
Yes I will be there. coming in Wednesday. Wish i had thought of you when Semi and I were cruising thru Indiana.. dang

The Google maps in the iPhone work great with the GPS 3G version.

Anyone that thinks the iPhone sucks is either anti-Apple or never used an iPhone for any length of time, or has never used one and is lying. I tried almost every competing phone out there and the iPhone is better at everything that I use it for.

ohhhh calling me out now?!?!! :p

the iphone just makes everything look flashy... but its a closed source on its firmware which is stupid and i dont believe is right.

the G1 has WAY more options for people when it comes to apps. The fact that the G1 has only been out for about a year and it offers more than the iphone.

Its just a matter of time until people catch on :p... iphone is big just because its a status symbol and they have a lot of money they can throw at marketing..... ever seen any G1 commercials???

LOL thread jacking..sounds so naughty..
Yes I will be there. coming in Wednesday. Wish i had thought of you when Semi and I were cruising thru Indiana.. dang
DANG Punk:laugh: I'm planning on heading to Ohio for a road trip this summer I'll hit you up:beerchug:

ohhhh calling me out now?!?!! :p

the iphone just makes everything look flashy... but its a closed source on its firmware which is stupid and i dont believe is right.

the G1 has WAY more options for people when it comes to apps. The fact that the G1 has only been out for about a year and it offers more than the iphone.

Its just a matter of time until people catch on :p... iphone is big just because its a status symbol and they have a lot of money they can throw at marketing..... ever seen any G1 commercials???

I dont even know what a G1 is:laugh: Sounds cool though:lol: Now I wish I would have looked into it:laugh:

I dont even know what a G1 is:laugh: Sounds cool though:lol: Now I wish I would have looked into it:laugh:

g1officialnewnew.jpg

has a on screen keyboard like the iphone AND a flip out keyboard.... beat that iphone :p

g1officialnewnew.jpg

has a on screen keyboard like the iphone AND a flip out keyboard.... beat that iphone :p
I picked IPhone cause it was either att or verizon due to signal reputation. Does Tmobile get very good signal? I was with sprint for 10 yrs and cursed them every year. att always seemed to be my provider when I was roaming soooo...:laugh:

T-Mobile doesn't own any of the cell towers in the US. Verizon and AT&T own them all (excluding a few smaller companies). The lease bandwidth in all of the areas that they market.

Don't be mad Tony. :whistle: I looked at the G1, but I didn't want to downgrade my coverage for a sliding keyboard. AT&T offers a couple of phones that do that and still have a touch screen. Only problem is that they run Windows Mobile. WM doesn't handle web as well as the iPhone. The 3GS kicks all their butts on speed and smoothness of operation. There's supposed to be a new phone coming out this fall to challenge the 3GS. I believe it when I see it. :laugh:

T-Mobile doesn't own any of the cell towers in the US. Verizon and AT&T own them all (excluding a few smaller companies). The lease bandwidth in all of the areas that they market.

Don't be mad Tony. :whistle: I looked at the G1, but I didn't want to downgrade my coverage for a sliding keyboard. AT&T offers a couple of phones that do that and still have a touch screen. Only problem is that they run Windows Mobile. WM doesn't handle web as well as the iPhone. The 3GS kicks all their butts on speed and smoothness of operation. There's supposed to be a new phone coming out this fall to challenge the 3GS. I believe it when I see it. :laugh:
:laugh:

ththDancingBanana2.gif

haha im not mad :p... it really depends on where you live..i live downtown seattle and tmobile is GREAT!!!... but once i get away from the city, i lose my 3G... but im usually riding and it doesnt matter...but i will still have GPS though.

im sold on the G1.. all you sheep enjoy your apple product :p.....

:moon::moon::moon:

The G1 is an awesome phone my friend has it I'd gladly trade my dare for one but the carrier is not up to my standards at least in my area :down: I hope Verizon gets it one day.:thumbsup:

If you jailbreak your iPhone, the TomTom app is free :whistle:

Not that I've done it, happy enough with Google maps version. Just need a mount now - anyone got any pics? Thinking of modding a car mount into a stem mount etc..

I took a 2in x 2in square of heavy duty velcro and stuck it right to the triple tree between the stem hole and throttle bar. I bought a second cover for the phone so I have one with velcro on it and one without. Never had it come loose and you can read the screen great. A friend got the Dare and you can't read his screen outside, but I don't know if he had his brightness turned up or not. I only use the maps GPS on it though and I have the basic TOMTOM mounted with velcro on the other side of the triple tree..

Back