Iphone Holder

metalli445

Registered
Hey Everyone,

I have an iPhone 6s Plus with an otterbox case. I'd like to mount my phone on my triple tree to use as my GPS. Does anyone know of a company or product that will allow me to quickly clip my phone into a holder while still in the case? Is there a way to run power so the phone charges while riding the bike? Thanks

Pat

Getn off

Registered
Yep. RAM is the best. I use it on all my bikes with my iPhone 6s+. Have a great tripple tree mount that works great on the busa.
Btw, I use one on each bike, Mustang, and even in the Airbus!
Troy

mabupa

Registered
Like the guys said, ram mount is your best bet. I have one and use it with my 6s+. For charging, I bought a usb charger from pashnit(sponsor here) and bought a 1ft long cable on eBay. Works great and with the short cable, I don't have to worry about all the extra cable flying around or having to secure it.

metalli445

Registered
Like the guys said, ram mount is your best bet. I have one and use it with my 6s+. For charging, I bought a usb charger from pashnit(sponsor here) and bought a 1ft long cable on eBay. Works great and with the short cable, I don't have to worry about all the extra cable flying around or having to secure it.
Where did you mount the USB charger or is it laying in the battery compartment? Pashnit has a lot of different options for the USB Charger. Do you remember which one you purchased?

PADEROLIS

Registered
I also use a RAM mount, it's the X-grip model. I used the U-bolt option to mount mine, I have a iPhone 6+ in an OtterBox case as well. I installed a USB charger from 3BR that is powered when I turn the bike on.

Since this photo, I've moved it lower so it's actually behind the windscreen.

24DD484C-1396-4F1E-A6E6-3C212094637A_zpsth5g60rw.png

mabupa

Registered
image.jpeg
I bought this one(got pic off Internet).It is secure to the top side of the triple with the two sided tape it comes with. Same setup as "paderolis" above.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
iPhone 6+? Do you guys know the drag you're creating on the Busa with those things mounted?! Those sleek lines Suzuki worked so hard for, gone!

:spank:

omslaw has one; I tease him constantly for having to now haul his phone with a Radio Flyer wagon everywhere we go... :D

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
iPhone 6+? Do you guys know the drag you're creating on the Busa with those things mounted?! Those sleek lines Suzuki worked so hard for, gone!

omslaw has one; I tease him constantly for having to now haul his phone with a Radio Flyer wagon everywhere we go... :D

She's just jealous that I have Morgan Freeman on Waze and she doesn't (she's the one that wanted Android...)

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Looks like you have it covered. I, too, have the 3BR USB plug. Mounted it to the top clamp and just use a cable from there. I have a Bagster tank bag that I'll throw the phone in when riding (use the Zumo 665 for everything; phone connects via Bluetooth to Zumo and to Sena headset).

Anyway - before the Bagster, I bought a second 'case clip' for my phone and mounted it to a Tech Mount stem mount. It was easy to clip the phone in/out.

PADEROLIS

Registered

Drag?!! I think my weight took care of that a long time ago!! LOL!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Drag?!! I think my weight took care of that a long time ago!! LOL!
Tsk tsk.....hey now, I didn't say anything about that...

Only thinking about the sheer shape and size of that damn phone and how it is like adding a Yugo to your Busa o_O

mabupa

Registered

Someone is jealous. You should give up that call dropping, freezing up, bad charging port android and come to the iPhone side. You'll never look back. I've had iPhones since the first one came out and also had a Galaxy s4 that I used whenever I went Back home. I got so pissed with it that I sold it on the spot and bought another iPhone off craigslist to use when travel abroad. When I switched to the 6s+, I bought factory unlocked to be able to use with any carrier while traveling.

nosbig

Registered
I have a 12v constant under the back seat to charge things when I am off the bike. I also put a male end on my battery tender so all I have to do is plug it into that port when the bike is not in use to keep the battery up.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Someone is jealous. You should give up that call dropping, freezing up, bad charging port android and come to the iPhone side. You'll never look back. I've had iPhones since the first one came out and also had a Galaxy s4 that I used whenever I went Back home. I got so pissed with it that I sold it on the spot and bought another iPhone off craigslist to use when travel abroad. When I switched to the 6s+, I bought factory unlocked to be able to use with any carrier while traveling.
Jealous? No, that's definitely not it... ;)

ipone.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H iPhone holder on Hayabusa 01 General Bike Related Topics 7
BusaOfDaKnight Free iPhone Holder Random Thoughts 1
killerrudy Iphone holder Gen II Busa Information 16
J iPhone Popups Off Topic 23
WuzzaCBXRider Anyone buying the new iPhone XR? Random Thoughts 24
skydivr Looking for: 16 Each Black Otterbox Defender Cases for iPhone 5C Random Thoughts 5
mr8ball iPhone 5 S Random Thoughts 10
Blanca BusaLess Can you make Facebook landscape on iPhone? Random Thoughts 18
Blanca BusaLess Can you not turn off a jailbroken iPhone? Random Thoughts 12
K Anyone got an iPhone 4 they want to sell? Random Thoughts 3
Blanca BusaLess iPhone jailbreak question Random Thoughts 9
GsxrBots iPhone 6 Random Thoughts 25
omslaw Kanji icon for iPhone Random Thoughts 21
card16969 Iphone 5 thoughts... thinking about changing Random Thoughts 34
GsxrBots iPhone 5 has the org in mind! Random Thoughts 10
captain Lighting App for IPHONE Random Thoughts 13
gurrera iphone Random Thoughts 11
efiguero Stupid question, but curious, Will Charging my iPhone overnight kill my battery? Gen II Busa Information 10
lil charlie 16GB iPhone 4s or the Droid Razor Maxx? Random Thoughts 49
stangman327 iPhone fell off Busa on highway and survived! General Bike Related Topics 47
Blanca BusaLess How do you get a gopro movie onto your iPhone? Random Thoughts 5
Blanca BusaLess LifeProof waterproof case for IPhone. Random Thoughts 13
Blanca BusaLess iPhone update gives you 4G Random Thoughts 42
Professor Task application for Iphone and PC use. Random Thoughts 0
MoeMar Iphone cracked Random Thoughts 8
aussiesuzukirider The Diablo Superbiker app for iphone Random Thoughts 2
skydivr New MotoGP History App for the iPhone General Bike Related Topics 4
Blanca BusaLess How do I print from my iPhone ? Random Thoughts 3
GsxrBots Best iPhone Video yet!! Videos 13
Blanca BusaLess Why isn't the new iPhone 4s the best ever? Random Thoughts 46
PADEROLIS For those who use their iPhone to play games... Random Thoughts 6
S My little project :) for the day !! iPhone General Bike Related Topics 12
TMan05 Question about iphone charger Electrical Mods 4
W New iPhone Droid control gloves - Bluetooth Riding Gear 20
PADEROLIS iPhone 4 and Skype. Random Thoughts 9
Rayc263 Pretty cool new iphone photo app Random Thoughts 15
skydivr My new favorite iPhone app Random Thoughts 7
war69 Iphone Random Thoughts 1
redkat05 Has anyone jailbroken an iPhone 4 on 4.3.2 yet? Random Thoughts 1
Blanca BusaLess Bible.is app for iPhone Random Thoughts 6
skydivr Need iPhone Guru support Random Thoughts 15
Laylas_Mom Strange pic my iphone took today Random Thoughts 20
highestgrade iPhone screenshots Random Thoughts 10
I Love My Wife Best GPS app for IPhone? General Bike Related Topics 15
D Iphone peeps - Lane Splitter Random Thoughts 12
Slowboy Iphone Jailbreak Random Thoughts 36
redkat05 Org email on iPhone mail? Random Thoughts 4
Shaft IPhone mount for our bikes Gen II Busa Information 21
zukracer Ipod/IPad/IPhone users - what apps do you use not itunes? Random Thoughts 3
macon454 Which phone is the best? Droid X, EVO, Iphone, Incredible Random Thoughts 34