GPS HELP

chev982

Registered
Hey everyone

Just wondering if anyone has a garmin etrex GPS. I bought the extra software to map out my routes. What i cant figure out is when i load a map onto the GPS how do i erase it?? Anyone know? Any help is appreciated

i have the legened cv. did the same
when you load the softwere in to your pc it also loads the instructions, in a pdf file , also go to the garmien web site. good luck

When you load a new mapset with MapSource, the first thing it will do is delete you old Mapset.

Make sure you update MapSource from Garmin's Site. Help and About will show your current version. 6.11.5 is the newest version. The MapSource software that comes on the CD included with your GPS is usually outdated. This does not update the map information, however. It is only fixes and updates to the software package. While you are there check and see if there are any firmware updates for your GPS.

thanks professor,

it did say deleting old maps, however the new map is still there. Should i just it again?

Maps Are you talking abou the detailed maps from the CD included (city Select, Metroguide, US Roads and Rec, etc). The base map will always be on your unit but they contain little detail. If you are trying to remove all of the City Select data maps, I'm not 100% sure it is possible now that I think about it. You can overwrite the mapset group. Pick a small area not ever to be used and install it.

If you are talking about routes and waypoints, you need to delete them on the GPS. The mapsource on my two GPS units will only append the routes and waypoints. Usually select routes, menu, delete all.

(chev982 @ Nov. 24 2006,05:32) Thanks

How are you liking yours/
i use a usb cable that came with mine to load new info.
beerchug.gif

Back