Hayabusa Powered Race Car

Lunatic Racing

Registered
Dan (GoldenChild) who built my engine suggested I join the forum and show off my car. I am running a Mini Cooper GT-5 Hayabusa powered track day car. It is a kit made by Z-Cars in England. 4130 tube chassis, fiberglass Mini Cooper GT-5 body. 1140 lbs wet.
I built this car for track days and have been on every track on the west coast except Sears Point. Oregon Raceway Park, my home track is my favorite with Chuckwalla Valley in southern CA. coming in a close 2nd, Luguna Seca 3rd.
The car has a stock bore and stroke turbo charged 2007 busa built by Dan london (GoldenChild) of Cloud Nine Motorsports. Running 9 lbs of boost on pump gas. About 200 horse at the wheels. Chain drive to a Qualf limited slip diff. Fullpaddle shift up with ig cutout and down with blipper.
0 to 60 in 2.6 and 2 "G"s of cornering force.
Here's some pictures, and I have several assorted video's on my face book page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lunatic-Racing/375620119162747

47.jpg

192.jpg

195.jpg

99.jpg

hey - very cool. I watched your videos.

BTW, if you haven't considered it, try the sony as-15 camera. It has an excellent steadycam that cameras like the gopro lack. Your footage could be silky smooth with it. And the as-15 is basically discontinued at this point, so you can pick it up for around $99 these days.

Daniel is the man !! That thing looks like its a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I see the NASA sticker. So you're running with NASA Northwest and NASA SoCal, come run with NASA NorCal next! Thunderhill is in 2 weeks.

I'd love to see that beast up close. If you're coming to a NASA NorCal event, PM me and we can meet up.

Ok, I see the NASA sticker. So you're running with NASA Northwest and NASA SoCal, come run with NASA NorCal next! Thunderhill is in 2 weeks.

I'd love to see that beast up close. If you're coming to a NASA NorCal event, PM me and we can meet up.
Wish I could make it but Dan just built ma a new motor and I can't get it on the dyno until the 23rd. But I will be down there again. I gotta break that magic 2 min. lap.

Very cool. We make parts used in the UK build Radical race cars. If you ever run at Willow Springs, be sure to stop in. And if you can, bring Daniel with you.

that looks like a lot of fun! you've definitely got a great guy working with you (GoldenChild) :beerchug:

Steve, glad you made it onto the board here. Great Folks, like a mini family.. I'm happy your ready for the dyno. looking forward to it..

Steve, glad you made it onto the board here. Great Folks, like a mini family.. I'm happy your ready for the dyno. looking forward to it..

Dan, the new engine is just simple awesome. It's running pretty rich so I did get on it once through the 1st 3 gears, even short shifting @ 10 grand this thing out pulls both the two engines I have had in it before. Can't wait to see the numbers on the dyno, and get a good tune so I can hit the track.
1st planed track day will be Portland, thursday May 29th. Then Oregon Raceway park June 2nd.

Yeah the fueling for a motor car and turbo car are different. I'm sure the dyno time will sort that right out.. Okay sounds good, lmk dyno appt time at vip I should be able to get away for a bit. I think I will come out for the track day at PIR if not to busy. i would like to be there for first outing to see ya spank up on some folks..

Dan, the new engine is just simple awesome. It's running pretty rich so I did get on it once through the 1st 3 gears, even short shifting @ 10 grand this thing out pulls both the two engines I have had in it before. Can't wait to see the numbers on the dyno, and get a good tune so I can hit the track.
1st planed track day will be Portland, thursday May 29th. Then Oregon Raceway park June 2nd.

Last edited:
I can't think of a better combo than a GoldenChild built Busa motor in a REAL Mini profile! Congratulations on your choices, that is a one off, special prize!

What? Don't understand your question.
There's two or three times in the vid on your FB page Chuckwalla Valley Raceway 2:17 where it sounds and looks like you hit the rev limiter on the motor. Sorry about that I work long hours and stay up late sometimes :laugh:

Back