Bikes Racing Cars...

Shindo97

Registered
One thing that has bothered me when a car races is a bike is that alot of the comments on "skill" come to play....honestly it doesnt matter...this is MY OPINION on why...

I DISAGREE with the ROll on race has very little skill involved comment...what i mean by this is that it doesnt matter in a performance race.

It does take very little skill to jsut mash teh gas at a roll, so because of this people say a race is not legit etc....

YOU GUYS HAVE TO REMEMBER this is not Joe VS. Bob...they are not seeing who is a more skilled racer. Kenny Bernstein would rip me an ass at the track with a car making 200 less HP than me i bet because of skill...but that doesnt mean that car is faster as far as a "performance" race.

In the case of the Twin Turbo Viper VS. Turbo Busa they are seeing which machine is faster. A performance test if you will. In this kind of race you want as little things possible "to matter". Just hit the gas and go...the fastest machine wins.

NOW...doing it from a roll does effect which machine "appears" to be faster. You are putting the car at its best take off range where it has traction, and the bike at its worse. The blistering thing about a bike is it's ability to accelerate from a low speed or stop.

The ideal situation is to find the nice midpoint. A gear where the viper can make "decent" traction, and also low enough for the bike to display its power.

I think by not having the bike be at a stop, or the car from the best RPM range, it evens out...maybe not perfectly 50-50 but as good as its going to get.

Am i on crack?? When we set our races up here with my Supra, they will be done this way. not in my best rpm range for me, but not from a stop where i cant get any traction at all in 1st or 2nd.

From a stop a 600cc bike will beat me up for a good while...but i guarentee there is NO stock 600cc bike faster than my car. once i get past 80mph that poor little 600cc is a goner. From a roll its not even close...just one gear is good enough for me to be about a bus ahead.

I would have no clue with the other size bikes. I have raced a 2004 GSXR1000 from about a 60 roll, and i pulled him at the start, and then he walked me for a little...i stopped it, and then ran him down to to the top end pretty fast.

I was only on pump gas and 18 psi. On the races we are setting up i am running race gas and 27 psi....

Anyway...i have no idea why i posted this....i would however like to hear your thoughts on street racing, whether it be other bikes, or vs a car....and for some of you VS. a Jetfighter.....

I've done my share of this illegal activity!,its been my experience when some one calls somebody out, its usually heads up, run what you brung, now if you want to make stipulations that everyone can agree on, thats fine, but anything other than side by side from a dead stop, unless there is indisputable proof such as video or a load of witnesses, there will always be an excuse from somebody, i realize this puts your car at a disadvantage, but try it, then do a roll.Frankly, if you put a pair of et streets on and spool it up, i still think you will win, is your car a stick? you might have to run him down, but at the end, an inch is as good as a mile!

true true...

him that could be fun instead running on some good ol drag radials...

i like the way u think.

I think the bike guys have agreed to do roll races with me, but ill go from a stop. i know this car can run low 11's or high 10's. None of my friends are pro drivers and so if they go longer than a 1/4 mile and we go from a stop to the top end...itll be a bad ass race.

Back