Hayabusa powered race car - where do I find a good engine rebuild shop in Atlanta?

HAL9000

Registered
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I need to find a racing shop ASAP that knows hayabusa power outside the normal two wheel setup.

I just imported a busa powered race car from Europe and somewhere between the drop off and pick up at the port in Charleston, SC someone decided to take the car for a joy ride and killed the engine.

This racing setup comes with a 7 liter dry sump oil system on the busa engine yet it was completely empty and the starter would not turn the engine. I took the starter cover off and sure enough there are metal shavings inside.

Someone have trashed it around so hard that a gasket or oil pipe must have leaked, 7 liters of oil poured out of the engine onto the road but they just continued to trash it around until everything inside the engine ran out of lubrication and seized up.

Re: Hayabusa powered race car - where do I find a good engine rebuild shop in Atlanta

I would contact the shipping company then the manufacturer.

Re: Hayabusa powered race car - where do I find a good engine rebuild shop in Atlanta

The manufacturer is in Europe and does not provide the engine - they provide a race car setup without drive train.

What I need is a racing shop that is local to Atlanta / GA area that have experience in motorcycle powered race cars.

Any recommendations out there?

I would think that any skilled Suzuki mechanic should be able to help you.

You seem entirely too easy going for someone else to have thrashed this car, I would be livid.... Sry not much help to ya though, goodluck

Oh believe you me I am mad as can be - but I need to stay focused on getting a detailed analysis and a written estimate of EVERYTHING that needs repaired/replaced for the insurance claim (hence my factual approach here online).

I want the shipping company to pay out big $'s to me - hopefully they will learn when it costs money.

Back