Front stand?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Yes I know, just trying to get things lined out with the new bike. My brother Demmym gave me a front stand when he sold Misty. Its the kind that has the studs that fit the hole in the bottom of the forks on the Gen I. I was looking at Oren last night and the Gen II has the same hole, but there is fork clamp bolt off center on the hole. So I can use the stand I have unless I modify the stud( meaning I need to grind it off like a half moon shape) or get a new stand. Does anyone else use this type of stand? If the wont work then I guess I need to pass on the favor and give this stand to another Gen I owner. It would be nice if I could get the attachments and replace the stud type with the finger type.

ive never heard of stands being model specific before, but since i only have the gen 1, i cant tell you any difference. what kind of stand is it?

Here is a decent picture of it.

09.jpg

I have no idea about it fitting the gen2, but my front stand is on its last days, my bike almost fell 3 times while we were putting it up last week, it seems to be bent, the points won't line up with the fork holes anymore. We tried to bend it back some, but it didn't help.
I could definitely use it if it won't work for you.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I had all sorts of trouble with my universal front stand like you have, so I broke down and bought the Pit Bull stand that attaches to the triple clamp. If you have the money ($160) it's worth every penny!

I had all sorts of trouble with my universal front stand like you have, so I broke down and bought the Pit Bull stand that attaches to the triple clamp. If you have the money ($160) it's worth every penny!

Maybe after I sell the 05. You should see my wish list, its already over 3k and that does not include a stand. :banghead:

Right or wrong I've been using the same stand with both Gen I and II, the same one you have James.

Bursig is the stand to get, here's the link in case you missed it last week. Uncle Sam's gonna buy me one.
Paddock Racing Stand Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2008-2010 SH-8

Definitely a nice lift there, but I think I'm gonna go with redline's new center stand, not cheap, but cheaper than that one.

Redline Sport Bike Motorcycle Center Stand

A linky since they are a sponsor (right..??)

I have a rear stand, need a front stand, and am torn with just getting this thing.

Yes I know, just trying to get things lined out with the new bike. My brother Demmym gave me a front stand when he sold Misty. Its the kind that has the studs that fit the hole in the bottom of the forks on the Gen I. I was looking at Oren last night and the Gen II has the same hole, but there is fork clamp bolt off center on the hole. So I can use the stand I have unless I modify the stud( meaning I need to grind it off like a half moon shape) or get a new stand. Does anyone else use this type of stand? If the wont work then I guess I need to pass on the favor and give this stand to another Gen I owner. It would be nice if I could get the attachments and replace the stud type with the finger type.

I have the finger type if you wanted to trade stands or just the adapter

Definitely a nice lift there, but I think I'm gonna go with redline's new center stand, not cheap, but cheaper than that one.

Redline Sport Bike Motorcycle Center Stand

A linky since they are a sponsor (right..??)

I have a rear stand, need a front stand, and am torn with just getting this thing.

I almost got one of those last week, but it won't work for swingarm removal. Oh well, still want one for general maintenance.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

The problem I see with the stand that fits in the hole of the front axle is that you cant remove the wheel while the stand is in place. That defeats about 50% of the purpose of haveing a front stand.

Back