OK I'm confused help me out (front stand)

Wayneovich

Registered
There is a guy in town selling front/rear pitbull stands the front has the correct pin for a busa but it says remove fender on pitbull website WTH am I missing? the converter arm is not mounted on the stand is this an issue Iam lost.

The only thing that you should have to remove is a bolt on each side on the forks...so the pin fits up in there. I could be wrong but thats what I have seen.

OK now that I found the tutorial video I'm straight I can use the front stand without the converter man my head hurts so what is the point of that thing anyway? (converter)

My stand hugs both sides of the forks. Why would you have to remove anything to use a front stand? I'm confused too.

My stand hugs both sides of the forks. Why would you have to remove anything to use a front stand? I'm confused too.

This converter thing slides into the lower triple tree apparently the gen II fender is too big and there is not enough room for it to go in.

Ok, I have a Pitbull front stand with the optional converter. The stand without the converter is a fork stand that supports the front end up using the bottom of the forks. The converter allows you lift the front end via the triple clamp. Although, you do have to remove the front fender as the Hayabusa fender is over sized and will be damaged if you do not remove it. The reason for the converter is so that the front wheel can be removed with ease.

When doing maintenance on the front of the bike I will typically use the fork stand portion of the stand. When I want to remove the wheel or axle, I will use the converter to support the bike as it is a lot more stable when removing the wheel and axle.

Hope this clears up the questions you have. BTW, the Pitbull products are top notch. Having said that though, I use a Redline rear stand with casters on it which is one of the best products I have bought for my motorcycles.

I still do not understand how it allows for faster tire changes???

I would not say faster, I would say safer. For me personally, I do not feel comfortable removing the front tire with the fork stand only. I am too clumsy and may bump the bike off the stand. I may be wrenching on the axle to loosen it or something and the fork stand may be torqued a bit and fall. For me, the sense of security with the converter allowing the forks and wheel to free hang was worth the $75 for the converter.

Redline makes a great product as I mentioned in one of my previous posts. The rear stand with casters on it by Redline has made my life so much easier, it is amazing.

I got the Pitbull front end stand for a steal off of Ebay one day, and could not pass it up. If not for that deal, I would have bought from Redline.

There isn't enough room between the nose fairing and the front fender to get the arm and pin up in and under the lower tree. My vortex stand also requires removal of the fender 1st. No big deal.

There should be indentations at the bottom of the fork tubes that the stand fits into so that the axle nuts are accessible.

There isn't enough room between the nose fairing and the front fender to get the arm and pin up in and under the lower tree. My vortex stand also requires removal of the fender 1st. No big deal.

Is your bike lowered.??

Otherwise, mine fits just fine and I have been using my Gen-I stands on the Gen-II without ANY issues. No need to remove the fender AT ALL, see the pics... :poke:

CLICK--> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/81894-pit-bull-stands-fit-great.html

Last edited:
Back