Front Stand question

StromBusa

Registered
I use a pit-bull on the rear & luv it. Now I'm thinking I should add the same benefit to the front, any thoughts on the best stand for cleaning and wheel removal?

Heres a few pics for you.
Nice chrome lifters.
Solid black tubing.
Detach handle.
Lifts it good and high so you can get wheel out.
Little tubes sticking up are axle holders also

At 129 direct or 119 from distributers its a good price.
I looked a pitbull in cycle world they did not seem as heavy duty.
Also the rear I had was power stand so now they match.
You know how guys are.
Things must match...

POWER STANDS FRONT STAND 003.jpg

POWER STANDS FRONT STAND 001.jpg

POWER STANDS FRONT STAND 004.jpg

POWER STANDS FRONT STAND 002.jpg

I hang my bikes from overhead hoist for tire changes, afraid to jack them, & don't want to remove the fairing to get under the headers, getting hooked on the stand for cleaning and lubrication/storage. Stands are real nice for stability. Just don't want anything thats not "Busa board proven" :laugh:.

How bout Adam proven..
Blanca is his personal jungle jim !
Heres a pic of him now.
Was watching TV and heard a muffled 'Daddy c'mere'
I leave bike on both stands sometimes.
Its very very stable.
An idiot would have to want to push it over really hard for it to do so.

Hayabusa gen pics 026.jpg

I have Vortex ft and rear stands and they are plenty sturdy and cost me less than 200 for the pair. The front stand lifts from under the steering head bearings and is a little overkill for what I'll need to do but I thought it might come in handy down the road. You never know if future projects might require that kind of stand. The problem is that the arm doesn't fit between the nose fairing and the fender so I need to remove the fender first and the brake hose bracket that connects to the fender is a bit of a pain to get off with the wheel still on. N the wheel can't come off till I lift it N I can't lift it till I get the fender off N I can't get the fender off easily till the wheel is off N??? You get the point.:laugh:Maybe next time I'll try to jack under the bike a little to get the front suspension to drop an inch or so to give more room to get the stand in there. If I had it to do again I might just get the stand that lifts from the bottom of the fork tubes.

Last time I checked, the Pit Bull Newfront stands were not compatible with the Gen II Busa unless you remove the fender first. Their Forklift stand should be fine. Not sure which bike you're working with though.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the 08 in your sig.

Last edited:
Bingo!:thumbsup:

Also is better when storing the bike for longer periods, less pressure on the forks etc.

I have Vortex ft and rear stands and they are plenty sturdy and cost me less than 200 for the pair. The front stand lifts from under the steering head bearings and is a little overkill for what I'll need to do but I thought it might come in handy down the road. You never know if future projects might require that kind of stand. The problem is that the arm doesn't fit between the nose fairing and the fender so I need to remove the fender first and the brake hose bracket that connects to the fender is a bit of a pain to get off with the wheel still on. N the wheel can't come off till I lift it N I can't lift it till I get the fender off N I can't get the fender off easily till the wheel is off N??? You get the point.:laugh:Maybe next time I'll try to jack under the bike a little to get the front suspension to drop an inch or so to give more room to get the stand in there. If I had it to do again I might just get the stand that lifts from the bottom of the fork tubes.

Back