Front stand question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Do all the front stands have those 2 little rubber things the forks sit on? That doesn't seem very stable to me. I am starting to look for a good set of stands for winter storage.

TIA

Don

It is actually pretty steady that way, but your research should have shown you the PitBull NewFront stand.
biggrin.gif

No, If you don't like the rubber pad design you can gety a stem stand but not if you're lowered. Raise the back up first then the front and it will be rock solid!

A lot of guys here...including myself use these. They come as a package. Probably rated the best bang for the buck. The front stands have little cones out of the top that fit into the recesses underneath the ends of the front fork tubes.

I reccommend you use the rear bobbin supports. It gives you something to sort of "lock into" while you lifting the bike.

Here's a link..

Handy Stands

PM me if you need pics or have questions...

pitbull here. very strong. one thing to consider is the stem stand type. if you want to remove the front wheel you have to have a stem stand type or the attachement that converts fort type to stand type. check the pit bull site. looking to order one

I looked at the pitbulls. I found these on ebay. Item # 150028824903. Any comments?

Don

Don, those look very similar to the PB's, and I hope they work as stated. FWIW I love my PB Stands.

+1 for the PB's, love mine. and there is no question about the fitment with the newfront stand, that thing will last forever.

I need to take some pics of my generic specials... Don, those stands look okay, but you might want to swap out the allen head adjusters for knob screws/bolts...

I don't know if I trust my $20K busa on any other stand than a Pitbull. I have the new front and the rear stand and they are ROCK solid.

Back