Front stand question

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
How should you properly use the front stand on a busa.  Im pretty sure im doing it right but the front slips off the forks as i try to lift it.
all_coholic.gif
  pictures would be great.  thanks!

Does your lift have prongs that fit into the holes in the bottom of the forks?

Do you have a rear lift also?

Make sure one side is in the hole and the other side is real close to the hole and ...lift. should go right up.

no it doesnt, it just has the 2 rubber platforms. I hope the shop didnt sell me the wrong one. Its a pitbull stand, and yes i do have a rear one as well.

You sure you've adjusted the width of the lift
rock.gif
? Mine is Suzukis with nipples that go into the Fork holes (which is what they're for) ! If you can't adjust the width (I ask because I don't know about a pit bull front lift, but my other front lifts have width adjustments) call them and see if you've got the correct lift for a Busa  
beerchug.gif

i guess im going to have to call them. i cant adjust it. they fit in the right place but i think its the wrong stand cuz it doesnt have nipples and the way its falling it looks like there should be.
guns.gif

I have pit bull front and rear stands,no problems at all,my bike never touches the floor in the garage,you need to get the bottom rubber directly in the center on the bottom and lift,it will all be in place when it rest on the stand,if you start out with it too far back it will roll right off.sorry i have to ask this but are you putting the rear up first?

There is something different in your pic and the pit bull site pic. The bracket seems to be facing different directions?

Your left side has the plate facing forward, as does the site, but your high point is on the front, theirs is in the rear.

Just like my T-rex stands.standing in front of the bike,the rubber farthest away from you,grabs the back side of the forks.the rubber closest to you goes at the bottom of the forks.Now just lift it up.Very stable,it can't go anywhere the forks are wedged into the rubber.Hope this helps.

ill give it a shot in the morning. but for now im out for a ride.
thanks everyone. Ill post a pic as soon as i get it up off the ground! Haha!
bowdown.gif

I have the same pitbull stand and I had it fall the first time. I figured out that you have to lift the rear first so the bike is level when you raise the front.

Back