Front stand?

LOL...you have never even SEEN one let alone used one, but you have no problem giving it your unreserved endorsement?

I have never owned one but have used one that belonged to a friend on my old CBR1000. I will give it my endorsement on a litre bike or less in weight (The Bus may be too hefty). This is a great stand if you get the castor attachment but it is D$!n expensive. I would never spend the bucks for it.

LOL...you have never even SEEN one let alone used one, but you have no problem giving it your unreserved endorsement?

It looks great in the video, and the member who posted it had nothing but good to say about it. He claimed he could even sit on it on the stand.
Germans make good stuff anyway.
I just said it was the stand to get and posted the link. I made no personal claims. I'm waiting on our federal tax return, then I'll order it and post up about it.

It looks great in the video, and the member who posted it had nothing but good to say about it. He claimed he could even sit on it on the stand.
Germans make good stuff anyway.
I just said it was the stand to get and posted the link. I made no personal claims. I'm waiting on our federal tax return, then I'll order it and post up about it.
Look forward to it. It does look cool I'll admit, but VERY expensive. I already have stands that work perfectly, so it's not on my horizon either way, but I'll be interested to see how it works when you get it.

Look forward to it. It does look cool I'll admit, but VERY expensive. I already have stands that work perfectly, so it's not on my horizon either way, but I'll be interested to see how it works when you get it.

I have a front forklift and a rear stand too, and they do work great. I just like the idea of being able to easily change the rear shock, or replace steering head bearings if I ever need to. As well as a quicker and more stable way to change tires. Being able to roll around the bike on the stand would be very conveniant also.
I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon, belive everything I see or hear, or take everyone at their word either. However, Bret1(member who owns one) had some nice pictures of his and seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. I respected his opinion and advice on his experience with it. Which made me feel confident that the one in the video wasn't the show model, and the one I'de get would be monkey metal.
I think that we can agree that there are some folks here who's advice we'de question(no one in particular, just a general statement), and alot of folks who's we appreciate. I feel my opinion on the Bursig and it's quality is the same as how we all buy products we don't have first hand experience with yet.
I just think it's really cool and I would like others like me who hadn't seen it the chance to check it out. Bret1 has a good reveiw on his, and I will be sure to do the same once I get one. Worst case scenario, I get a refund.:beerchug:

You can just remove one of the pich bolts on each side and the stand you have will work. My buddy does it all the time on his Gen II with his stand.

You can just remove one of the pich bolts on each side and the stand you have will work. My buddy does it all the time on his Gen II with his stand.

I thought about that, but hated the thought of having to wrench on it every time I want to clean the front wheel. I may just do that. Thanks for the idea bro.

The problem I see with the stand that fits in the hole of the front axle is that you cant remove the wheel while the stand is in place. That defeats about 50% of the purpose of haveing a front stand.

I do it every once in a while. I just put the stand on a couple 2 X 4's, plenty of clearance. I've never removed my fender.

I had all sorts of trouble with my universal front stand like you have, so I broke down and bought the Pit Bull stand that attaches to the triple clamp. If you have the money ($160) it's worth every penny!

I to have this Pit Bull front stand, Its great. Also have the Pit Bull Forward facing rear stand, Great quality, should last forever.

I do it every once in a while. I just put the stand on a couple 2 X 4's, plenty of clearance. I've never removed my fender.

Ever since you posted that along time ago that is what I started doing also and it works great, Now I dont even have to loosen the fender when removing wheel. Actually I am using 5 1/4 decking board scraps that I had.

I really hate to revive this thread a month after it died, but I missed it, and would have liked to chime in about the Bursig stand that Sixpack577 was talking about. If anyone has any questions about it, or wants to see some closeup pictures, just let me know, I'd be happy to post them up. The Bursig stand that I have isn't used to lift my Busa, it's for my GSXR-600, so I really can't tell you exactally how it would perform with the heavier bike. I can tell you that I can lift the 600 with one hand though, so I would imagine that it wouldn't take too much more effort to lift the Hayabusa. I've done quite a bit of work to my 600 while it was on the Bursig stand, and it's amazingly stable. Best part of it though, is being able to put the bike up and roll it anywhere in the garage you want to. Drive into the garage, lift it up, spin it around and your ready to drive right out again. I know that trying to wheel the Busa around in my garage is just not an option.

:beerchug:

Back