Who uses a front Pitbull Headlift Stand ???

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Think the pin going into the hole is a bit tight. (That sounds terrible, did I just say that?) :laugh:

Next time, I may grind mine down just a little, any other experience out there with this stand?

The pin is "tight".

IMG_20140420_131403..jpg

I have a Lockhart Phillips front stand.
It's pin(forget which number, has 5)is tight in the Busas too. I've tried it on several.
I just use the next size smaller pin. The angle it fits in at keeps it tight.
Never had an issue.

On your GenII does it go in all the way untill the bottom flare connects with the tripple tree?

Yes, it's a snug fit...move the stand around
and line up the pin before you try and lift it.
You actually pick up the stand, get the angle
right and insert the pin all the way...them
you lift the bike.

I have the convertible front stand by Pitbull. It's a regular fork stand for everyday use (Which is far easier to use) and the pin on attachment for those rare occasions when I need to pull the forks off. Pit Bull makes great stuff but its not cheap.

I have the convertible front stand by Pitbull. It's a regular fork stand for everyday use (Which is far easier to use) and the pin on attachment for those rare occasions when I need to pull the forks off. Pit Bull makes great stuff but its not cheap.

Sounds a lot less hassle, as I have to also loosen the front fender to get mine in. Need to spend the $45 and add the pair of hybrid swivels.

I know exactly what you mean. It's just a bi tch to use that pin setup every time you wash the bike. It's not all that easy to get the pin into the hole and save marking up the fender. I learned the hard way that there was a better way. The standard fork lift with the pin attachment is really simple yet effective way to go. It's there when you need it, quick and easy when you just need to get the front wheel off the ground.

I wish some one made a front lift stand , that clears the fender, doesn't hit under the nose, or remove or loosen the front fender!
Woodcraft, does not
Redline, does not
And from this post, PitPull has issues also?

I wish some one made a front lift stand , that clears the fender, doesn't hit under the nose, or remove or loosen the front fender!
Woodcraft, does not
Redline, does not

Lockhart Phillips does.
My forklift stand fits right in the gen2.
No hassle, no issues.
No need to loosen or remove the fender, and it doesn't hit the nose either.

Mine is like this.
I've had it for at least 15 years, and mine didn't have a weight limit listed when I bought it.
The ones on the site claim 450lbs or less.
My Busa and several other Busas have been on the stand for days without any issues.
No pics on the stand with the Busa together. But as said, no issues with the stand hitting the fender or nose, everything clears.
Old pics, I have a garage now:laugh:

LP USA Sportbike Front Steel Race Stand in Black | www.Lockhartphillipsusa.com

SDC11342.jpg

SDC11346.jpg

No, that's not it.
I have the forklift stand that lifts under the lower triple clamp.
The kind that allows you to remove the forks, not lift underneath them.

yes, that's the one I want.."just a simple thanks for the tip to lockhart phillips products ",never used them before..I have fork removal covered,dont want or need the other

Woodcraft, does not
Redline, does not

Mine works fine and fits well! :beerchug:

Back