2013 Busa ABS Limited stands??

MisterGDBusa

Registered
I have front and rear motorcycle stands from my Honda CBR 1000RR and the rear fits perfect, but front does not fit because of the abs system.
There is some kind of extra piece of metal on the right lower fork that has a wire attached to it or goes thru and front stand does not fit there.
Do I need triple tree stand to lift the front end or there is something else?
I know pit bull stands are the very best, but to much money.
My old stands are from eBay and worked well for over 3 years with no problem at all.
My old CBR was around 400 lbs and was easy to lift it and it was always on the stands when was parked.
The Busa is heavy and I can't lift it always.
But I am planning to do the oil changes and small maintance and I need front stand that will fit the ABS model.
Thanks guys.

qp2u5z.jpg

Get a real stand.

It is kind of ironic to see this thread; I was just putting my first set of tires on my 2013 bike this weekend. I had just installed both wheels, set the back of the bike on the ground to adj. the chain, was sitting on the ground using calipers to measure the axle distance when the bike fell to the right and crashed to the concrete. The rubber protective pieces slipped off the fork holders. This is going to cost me about $900.00 if I do the work myself. I am interested in something that will work on the models with ABS, as described on the post above there is a small piece that protrudes down just behind the bottom of the RH fork. Personally after 46 years of riding and 14 years of racing I hate the ABS on the front, the rear doesn’t bother me because I rarely use it. This really sucks!!!! my wife purchased this bike for me this spring, I drove it off the showroom with .5 miles on the ODO. So FYI to all the owners of 2013 – 2014 Busa’s.

Rich C:

It is kind of ironic to see this thread; I was just putting my first set of tires on my 2013 bike this weekend. I had just installed both wheels, set the back of the bike on the ground to adj. the chain, was sitting on the ground using calipers to measure the axle distance when the bike fell to the right and crashed to the concrete. The rubber protective pieces slipped off the fork holders. This is going to cost me about $900.00 if I do the work myself. I am interested in something that will work on the models with ABS, as described on the post above there is a small piece that protrudes down just behind the bottom of the RH fork. Personally after 46 years of riding and 14 years of racing I hate the ABS on the front, the rear doesn’t bother me because I rarely use it. This really sucks!!!! my wife purchased this bike for me this spring, I drove it off the showroom with .5 miles on the ODO. So FYI to all the owners of 2013 – 2014 Busa’s.

Rich C:
You had the front of the bike on a regular stand???

Fork stands are useless, forklift stands are much safer and allow you to remove the forks too.

You had the front of the bike on a regular stand???

Yep :unhappy:It was the rubber peices that slid off the fork holder after further investigation. The stand uses 2 pins, not the V style, with rubber covers not the greatest. Bad thing was, I told my wife I didnt like how shakey it was before I started.

Fork stands are useless, forklift stands are much safer and allow you to remove the forks too.

I have a Bursig stand too.
The price sucks, but I don't think about that anymore, it's the best stand I've ever used.
I wouldn't get rid of my rear stand and front forklift stand either though.

I have a Bursig stand too.
The price sucks, but I don't think about that anymore, it's the best stand I've ever used.
I wouldn't get rid of my rear stand and front forklift stand either though.

I will keep my old stands too, but still waiting the triple tree stand.
Guy that sold it to me on eBay had it listed and brand new and that should arrive on 1 July.
He freacking shipped it on July 1. Jackass.

Back