rear stand problem

cycleman

Registered
Got the Pit Bull rear stand for my 08. Went to adjust the gizmos to fit the spools and the stand won't go under the hangy down fender (butt ugly) tip. Can't even center the stand because of that crappy fender. What am I doing wrong?

That sounds like the best bet. The bikes have been out for over a year so you would think their design would be up to date.

Is it possible that they sent you the wrong stand ?

Most people trim the mudflap. I haven't

I had to trim my fender. I just cut underneath where the tag was, it mad it look factory. I don't have the rear fender on there anymore and it is easy to get it lined up.

a quick fix would be to park the rear tire on top of a piece of wood to give you a little more clearance.

Called Pit Bull. Turns out there is a new stand for the Gen II. It is not shown on their site. George said he is going to add a note to the site. He is sending me the correct stand. Said they just found out about this about two weeks ago.

Called Pit Bull. Turns out there is a new stand for the Gen II. It is not shown on their site. George said he is going to add a note to the site. He is sending me the correct stand. Said they just found out about this about two weeks ago.

Good man.

You can still put it on the stand with the fender on. you just have to have the bike standing up before you attempt to put the stand under... that way you get the most clearance from the tail.

I would personally just flat remove the flap on the back, I have zero problems with my pit bull stand.

Got the Pit Bull rear stand for my 08. Went to adjust the gizmos to fit the spools and the stand won't go under the hangy down fender (butt ugly) tip. Can't even center the stand because of that crappy fender. What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem since I had a Pit Bull from my old Gen 1. It was the first thing I had to do on the bike. I just scribed a line with a pencil using the bottom of the liscense plate as a guide then I hand cut it with a hacksaw. A little bit of smoothing with a fine file and it looks like it came from the factory that way. A super cheap mod that enables you to still use the stand you have ........plus it improves the looks a bit.

Time to remove the rear fender! Sorry! I did that to my 08 and everything was better!

Dito. That black fender is the ugliest thing ever. Mine was removed well before I got my pitbull rear stand.

IMG_1175.jpg

I use the Vortex rear stands, and it too has the same problem. I simply push the fender in under, align and push down. The fender bends big-time, but it works, and once the wheel is off the ground the fender is free. Again when you are getting the bike off the stand, once the wheel almost hits the ground the fender is squished again, but it bends pretty well so no harm. It works fine for me, no need for trimming...

I hate to say it but my Gen-I stand works without any problems. It may be operator error... :poke: j/k

Back