Rear stands

I'll ditto on the Pit Bull, very good solid rear stand. For my old '03, I had made spools on my lathe. I had never seen spools in real life and the ones I made were huge- about 1.5" long and 1.125" diameter. They worked very well but went with the '03 when I sold it. I bought some black spools on ebay for my new '11- they are "miniature" in comparison. I had to place a shim (flat washer) behind them to keep the pit bull from rubbing paint off the swing arm. Might make up some larger ones, or watch on ebay.

Show off! lol!

2dihhm9.jpg

I use the same stand for the rear or the front.....:thumbsup:

Same problem that I had. I flipped the top support V notch around so that the short end was towards the front of the motorcycle and it doesn't rub. If you make some bigger and better ones let me know.

I'll ditto on the Pit Bull, very good solid rear stand. For my old '03, I had made spools on my lathe. I had never seen spools in real life and the ones I made were huge- about 1.5" long and 1.125" diameter. They worked very well but went with the '03 when I sold it. I bought some black spools on ebay for my new '11- they are "miniature" in comparison. I had to place a shim (flat washer) behind them to keep the pit bull from rubbing paint off the swing arm. Might make up some larger ones, or watch on ebay.

Basic ABBA stand - works great - block under the exhaust if you want to pull the front wheel - never goin' back to front/rear stands after this one
2012-04-27145350.jpg

Just talked to Pit-Bull and I ordered some of there spools. They are wider and he said there should not be a problem with scrubbing. I also ordered the standard top support so now I can pick up my buddies bikes around here without needing the spools. I'm going to charge them though. :thumbsup:

Pit Bull is the way to go. I have used their stands and spools with my last three bikes. I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but I've never come up short with these. The removable handle makes it easier to fit in the back of our SUV. With the handle off, I'm able to stand it up on end and save some floor space. :thumbsup:

Hibernating Hayabusa.jpg

So is it a big advantage to keep the bike on stands for winter storage? I am assuming this is to keep the tires off the ground right?

So is it a big advantage to keep the bike on stands for winter storage? I am assuming this is to keep the tires off the ground right?

Yep. That and the bike takes up just a little less space when it's sitting straight up.

Next time uncover it when you take a picture Flicka. I want a peek. Yea I love the removable handle. When I don't remove it I hit it every time I walk behind my bike my size 15 boot kicks it lol. Very nice when it's out.

It's funny as I am in the market for a new front stand for mine. Looking to get a race stand so I can lower my forks back down and such. Reason I'm looking is I had a major oops in the garage with my current front stand (cheapo no name), and needless to say it's costing me more than a new stand :banghead:

Anybody a sponser on here for pitbull race stands?

It's funny as I am in the market for a new front stand for mine. Looking to get a race stand so I can lower my forks back down and such. Reason I'm looking is I had a major oops in the garage with my current front stand (cheapo no name), and needless to say it's costing me more than a new stand :banghead:

Anybody a sponser on here for pitbull race stands?

HondaEast.

Next time uncover it when you take a picture Flicka. I want a peek. Yea I love the removable handle. When I don't remove it I hit it every time I walk behind my bike my size 15 boot kicks it lol. Very nice when it's out.

Nobody wants to see that thing.... :puke:

:rofl:

Im going with the abba skylift. $600 but its a bad ass lift. I can use it for cleaning and wrenching.

Were you able to get this state-side? I went to their site to check it out and they ship to Europe/UK only, but maybe you had them ship it to you? I went with the Bursig, myself, and it's awesome, but the added height of the Abbastand is pretty sweet!

Were you able to get this state-side? I went to their site to check it out and they ship to Europe/UK only, but maybe you had them ship it to you? I went with the Bursig, myself, and it's awesome, but the added height of the Abbastand is pretty sweet!

If you are still looking ABBA Sky Lift

Back