Front end

Yep, have done mine 3 times now using that guide.

I have a big steel i beam in my garage so i hang it by ratchet straps on the bars(have to remove throttle side master to hook it, due to my tether switch being there). Put a jack with a piece of plywood underneath just to give it extra support. 3 sets of fork seals and last night i took it down for wheel bearings and tires. No problems
busat.jpg
I will do the same.I looked and the frame right behind the clamp is just right to run a strap around and I can lift it with my engine hoist.Then support it as you did underneath.How did you do it without the spring compressor??

Followed that guide, i didnt have to take the cartridge's apart so no need for the compressor. For the bottom allen heads i put the fork upside down on a wood block, compressed as much as i could by hand and hit it real quick with an impact. Just make sure your fully drained, pump the cartridges ALOT till your sure all the oils out, 1st time i did em i didnt get it completely drained and it rode like crap until i drained and refilled em with the right amount.

Back