NEED INFO RIGHT AWAY ASAP ASAP ASAP

Revvv

Registered
I need to know how to pull the front forks apart. There was a thread here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I need to know how to pull the forks apart so I can replace the seals. The bike is apart in the trailer and needs to be together before in the AM.

HELP
please.gif

Does the top cap just spin off, or is there a trick I'm missing. I have pulled to the point of giving myself a hernia. That thing will not let go.

oh man...I held the tube in one hand with tight grip and just bumped the trigger and it came loose and then spun off by hand.The torque on that is only 22ft lb it's strange how they get so tight.
The trick is getting a solid grip on the tube without damaging it to wrench it loose.If it moves a tiny bit it will spin off by hand.

The trick is getting a solid grip on the tube without damaging it to wrench it loose.If it moves a tiny bit it will spin off by hand.
Haven't tried it with the busa yet....But on otheres over the years, leave them in the triples. Loosen the top clamp, leave the bottom tight. Then you can usually break the caps loose a 1.2 turn or so. I used to do the before pulling them to avoid the impact on the soft aluminum caps.

Haven't tried it with the busa yet....But on otheres over the years, leave them in the triples. Loosen the top clamp, leave the bottom tight. Then you can usually break the caps loose a 1.2 turn or so. I used to do the before pulling them to avoid the impact on the soft aluminum caps.
yea..I was a little nervous when I bumped the trigger
laugh.gif

OK, I'm through for the night. So far the forks have won.

I got the top fork bolt off finally. Now for the life of me I can't get the spring spacer to compress. I decided to work on this a little more tomorrow. Right now I am frustrated.

It's always the simple jobs that cause the biggest pain.

OK, I'm through for the night. So far the forks have won.

I got the top fork bolt off finally. Now for the life of me I can't get the spring spacer to compress. I decided to work on this a little more tomorrow. Right now I am frustrated.

It's always the simple jobs that cause the biggest pain.
The forks are no simple job. However, you do need the right tool to get it goin' on.

Here's the thread you really need to use. Customized professional Linky Thingy.

Good luck to you.

--Wag--

Back