Need a rear tire ASAP

nyrican

Registered
My buddy needs a rear tire ASAP and I have never ordered one myself so I did not know where to direct him for a good price. Any of you know of a place to order from with decent prices? His dealer quoted him for $200 for just the tire.Oh yeah its a ZX-12 I belive it runs a 200 rear tire. Is that $200 a fair price? Any input would be appreciated

Well figure in mounting and balancing + the cost of the internet tire and you may well be nearing $200 for a rear tire.

If they can include mounting and balancing @ $200 and he needs it right away then id just go that route.

$125-$150 is about what a good deal would be on a rear tire..but an OEM ZX-12 may run more.

tireexpress.com
pilot powers 137 + 10 shipping 2-3 day (rear only)
Matching set 230 + 20 shipping.

For New England roads you want the pilot powers.
The only guys I even known using M1's are riding the older Honda 900's and such.
Don't be cheap buy the stickiest tires you can.

For New England roads you want the pilot powers.
The only guys I even known using M1's are riding the older Honda 900's and such.
Don't be cheap buy the stickiest tires you can.
You don't know many guys then. There are a bunch of Busa's on this board on the M1's. Not to mention members of this board who are unhappy with the Powers. The M1 is certainly not a 900 only tire...

well you aren't in New England riding now are you ?
different mixes in the asphalt.

Equal riders, riding street conditions, will not find any advantages with the powers except perhaps mentally. Not to mention that the M1's are a semi race tire and exactly the same as the pirelli's except for tread patern. There are enough of these tires sold to prove that they are a good tire. Not to mention they make one specifically for a Hayabusa rather than the generic one size fits all powers. Like you say though I am not in New England....thank god.

Love my P-specs
Me too bronc...me too. Glad you helped me make the right decision
smile.gif

Back