Front end

karnage

Registered
I got to taking apart my front end to fit my new wheel on and found that both fork seals are leaking.So in doing these how do I lift the front and hold it there without the forks on??I am going to replace the seals myself since I am tearing the calipers apart to have them powder coated, put on new lines and rebuild the master.Any tricks I should know when taking these apart??I know there is an 8mm allenhead but where is it located so I can drain the tubes??

Oem seals
You will need to make a spring compressor
A long 8 mm allen
A compressor
front end lift

You need a front forklift stand, and the rear needs to be on a stand too. The bike is unstable on a front stand alone.
The forklift stand lifts under the bottom triple clamp/tree. A pin on the arm of the stand fits into a hole in the bottom of the lower triple clamp.

busa-headstock.jpg

Does it have to be OEM seals as the oems failed??I dont have a lift and wont buy one so I think I will use my engine hoist to keep it lifted and its on the back stand now.I dont plan on having the forks off more than a few hours so I think the hoist will work.What you guys think??Any good place to get seals for a good price??

You need a front forklift stand, and the rear needs to be on a stand too. The bike is unstable on a front stand alone.
The forklift stand lifts under the bottom triple clamp/tree. A pin on the arm of the stand fits into a hole in the bottom of the lower triple clamp.

Or you can buy a Buersig like Sixpack has...:bowdown:

There is another way..Put a 5/8" through the frame and put it on jack stands. From there you can use a floor jack and wood under the oil pan to raise the front.

I am looking at my front stand and I think I can fab up an attatchment for it that will work like that triple clamp lift.I did think abou the oil pan but then I have to take off my exhaust again.Guess if all else fails I can do that but the engine hoist should work.

Or you can buy a Buersig like Sixpack has...:bowdown:

There is another way..Put a 5/8" through the frame and put it on jack stands. From there you can use a floor jack and wood under the oil pan to raise the front.

It's for the extremely lazy:laugh:

Does it have to be OEM seals as the oems failed??I dont have a lift and wont buy one so I think I will use my engine hoist to keep it lifted and its on the back stand now.I dont plan on having the forks off more than a few hours so I think the hoist will work.What you guys think??Any good place to get seals for a good price??

I have a new in the pack Moose Racing set for a gen2, they're yours if you want them.
I have read several places that the oem seals are better, but I can't say either way.

If ya do the engine hoist, find a good strong place to attach too. Triple tree and top clamp arent made to support the weight. Try and attach to the frame in some way if ya can.

A kid I ride with did this with his 600, I wouldnt reccomend it :rofl:

430747_2937456518958_1337485652_32545099_1002434918_n.jpg

Bring your forks along with seals and fork oil over (I live just down the road from you). I'll fix you right up for a crisp Ben Franklin!

Tufbusa said:
Bring your forks along with seals and fork oil over (I live just down the road from you). I'll fix you right up for a crisp Ben Franklin!

Can't beat that!

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I can do it, just need a way to suspend the front end.How long will it take you and where are you??

If ya do the engine hoist, find a good strong place to attach too. Triple tree and top clamp arent made to support the weight. Try and attach to the frame in some way if ya can.

A kid I ride with did this with his 600, I wouldnt reccomend it :rofl:
The lower clamp should be strong enough as it holds the weight of the bike on the ground right??I dont want to damage anything but I think I will fab up an attachment for my front stand that will lift under the lower clamp

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/147920-another-run-fork-seals.html

This is very good info. You don't need a compressor to just change the seals.

Yep, have done mine 3 times now using that guide.

I have a big steel i beam in my garage so i hang it by ratchet straps on the bars(have to remove throttle side master to hook it, due to my tether switch being there). Put a jack with a piece of plywood underneath just to give it extra support. 3 sets of fork seals and last night i took it down for wheel bearings and tires. No problems
busat.jpg

Back