Going synthetic. ASAP

Lyrikz

Registered
ok, im going synthetic... What brand synthetic and what weight? Need to know ASAP. The regular oil is 10/40 so what weight synthetic??

ALso, i have been lettin the bike drain for 15 mins or so, should i crank it once or twice before i put the slick dyno in it??

Let me know guys. Also, i just changed the oil 600 miles ago, im not replacing the oil filter till next oil change... Is that ok??

holler.

ok, im going synthetic...  What brand synthetic and what weight?  Need to know ASAP.  The regular oil is 10/40 so what weight synthetic??

ALso, i have been lettin the bike drain for 15 mins or so, should i crank it once or twice before i put the slick dyno in it??

Let me know guys.  Also, i just changed the oil 600 miles ago, im not replacing the oil filter till next oil change... Is that ok??

holler.
I just went with Mobil 1 synthetic. I can tell a difference in clutch control and shifting smoothness. Seems like maye it revs a little quicker but it's too hard to tell to say for sure. I've always used Mobil 1 in my hot rod cars and never had any trouble. I can recommend it but at this point it's only based on my experience with it in the cars. Haven't had it in the busa long enough to speak from experience there. So far I'm happy with it though.
wink.gif

Now, just wait... Rev will come in here and down me. Then he'll pimp Silkolene. See if what I say isn't true.
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I'd definitely replace the filter. There's quite a bit of oil that is in the filter and in the system that runs out of the oil filter mount base when you change it. Personally I had rather get as much of the dinosaur oil out before I put in the high $$ synthetic stuff. I didn't want to dilute the effects of the Mobil 1 by leavin' the old stuff to mix with it. It's up to you though.
wink.gif

As for crankin' it over... if you can make it turn over a few times without actually startin' without oil it shouldn't hurt. I wouldn't want it to actually start up though. I'd also let it drain for an hour or more to get as much as possible out. Again, that's just me, though. When you change it again and go back with the same type oil it wouldn't make as big of a difference I don't guess. Switchin' types though I'd want to be a bit more thorough.

wink.gif

silkolene 10-40 syn here... as BT stated... shifts as smooth as a whistel.... (until you put some miles on it. You will notice shifting always seems to be smoother after the oil change with syn.)

Cloud

I have been using Mobil 1 for 20,000 miles at least.  Use the 15/50 red cap same exact  oil as the MX4T.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085441534 -->

yep been using mobil 1 red cap for about 500 mi now and love it.
cool.gif

BAH, SILKOLENE Full Synthetic.  What your really after is the Best base stocks you can find, a FULL ESTER SYNTHETIC Basse stock may be over kill, but man it Makes a huge difference.  Pricey but worth it.  SILKOLENE PRO-4 RACE 10W40...  Give you a glass like tranny and a smoother running, motor...

Rev...

OH, and I would replace the filter for sure, your going to have a decent amount of dirty assed oil still in that filter... Go all the way...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085489200 -->

BAH, SILKOLENE Full Synthetic.  What your really after is the Best base stocks you can find, a FULL ESTER SYNTHETIC Basse stock may be over kill, but man it Makes a huge difference.  Pricey but worth it.  SILKOLENE PRO-4 RACE 10W40...  Give you a glass like tranny and a smoother running, motor...

Rev...

OH, and I would replace the filter for sure, your going to have a decent amount of dirty assed oil still in that filter...  Go all the way...
Rev, where can i pick up the silkolene pro 4
rock.gif
?

How much does it run a quart and how often do you change your oil, and your filter??I changed the oil yesterday. IWhen i drained the oil it was STILL brand new.. Felt like i was wasting it... There was just a VERY small amount of gunk on the drain plug. I decided to go with sytnthetic blend, the next oil change i will go FULL synthetic...

Back