FRONT END CLICKING

I already have supported it with a 2ton floor jack and a sq 2' piece of plywood with a towel on it,as long as you have the rear on a stand,just rest the exhaust and pan on the jack..etc...wont hurt anything...not ideal but effective!

NOPE....it's the pads
coolold.gif
....I just solved this issue.....The tension plate on the backside where you remove and install the pins....is getting soft. I bent mine to re-spring the pressure on the pads and the clicking is gone now.

Basically when you let off the brake lever, the pad starts to float a little causing a clicking. It's free swinging on the pin....albeit a small tolerance, it's shifting. That is all...
coolold.gif

And Yes, I concur, if it was the rotors, you'd know it the first time you hit the brakes, like a bucking bronco.....
super.gif

I run the EBC pads, but any pad will build up enough heat from time to time to cause heat stressing of the tension / spring plates, as it expands and contracts it relaxes from original spec's causing the pads some room to move, trust me on this one. Take off the tension / spring plates, bend them a little and the clicking will cease.

coolold.gif

MYMASTER !!!..."my" apologies.....you already solved the mystery.....
coolold.gif

I have a feeling that aftermarket may get machined a wee bit less wide, at times, than the oem causing that ability to shift in the caliper with the rotation of the rotor...I believe the drilled rotors pull on them as the go by causing the shifting issue.....click-clack click-clack.....

I have this problem with my GSX-R and it's the front brakes, there's a small piece of tin, on the exterior of the brake there are two screws take them off and bend the tin and put the screws back on. Problem fixed.

That's exactly what he's looking for. That piece of tin is the tension / spring plate, two small allens and he's back in action.....drove me bananas, put the bike on both stands, spun the wheel, and sure enough......it was the pads ..
super.gif
I actually reached around the back, and placed pressure on that plate and the mysterious sound went away, that's when I removed them, and re-bent them so they would behave....

Ok update on the issue. I looked at it last night and mymaster to the pads moving around with no brake applied the pads move freely but with the brake applied they no longer move around. I also checked the rotor and no burrs or grooves but on the rotor rivet rings three of them would move alittle. Not bad but can that cause a loud clicking? Im Going to pull the calipers tonight and try spudleys solution and rebend the tension clip and see where that puts me. However should I replace the rotors due to the rivet rings or can I let that slide. I dont really want to drop another $250 for new rotors since I just spent around $1800 on this bike and funds are drying up fast.

No no no Busaone...you only have to remove the two small allen-head bolts on the back of the calipers..you don't have to remove the two 12mm bolts and take the whole caliper off....the spring / tension plates are bendable, so all you really have to do is remove the small allen's, bend the plates for a bit more exaggerated angles, more pressure on the two "tits" or "bumps" (on opposite sides of the pins with the small clips) on the tops of the pads, and you're clicking will cease....."guaranteed" :oldcool:

Please excuse the wording on this recommended repair ladies.....you know what I'm trying to describe anyway !!! :super:

Busaone, the rotor rivets stretch a little after a while.......don't go replacing something you don't currently need.......

Last edited:
Update to the problem is that the rivet rings on the rotor are loose and thats what is making the noise. Thanks to everyone for the input on this.

Back