Little weekend project

nabusa

Registered
Finally got all my parts in. I'm putting brand new Gen2 forks, wheels and rear end conversion on my Gen1 this weekend. First time taking apart the front end, hopefully I won't do to bad lol. My radial M/C is still not in nor my calipers but that can wait for now. While taking apart my front end I noticed the rotors were starting to get loose around the rivets. Glad I caught that in time. I'll post some pics when I'm done this weekend. Hopefully I can figure it out :laugh: can't wait til I'm done.

I think the bikes run floating rotors, but if you can tell they're loose, they probably need to go. Good luck with it, sounds like a great mod. :thumbsup:

Just got done with the fork change. It was a lot easier then I thought it was going to be, why I didn't do this sooner is beyond me. I also changed out the rear shock. Went out for a test drive and wow it's like a brand new bike! I love her all over again :laugh: I have EBC HH pads on man the bit really nice. Can't wait for my other brake parts to come in. I'll post a pic in the am as it's too dark now.

It's all put together now, feels so smooth now riding her. 2nd best mod I've done to my bike. Dropping the front fairing off tomorrow to get painted.

2011-07-10_20-17-13_906.jpg

2011-07-10_20-16-48_632.jpg

2011-07-10_20-38-04_56.jpg

How are you liking the ZX 14 clutch?

Yes sir, it shifts so smooth. Especially 1-2, no more neutral oops. Can't wait to see what the zx14 brake master feels like.

Wow you had to swap the motor just to get GenII gauges?
:laugh:

Looks great. I like the red.

That wasn't the only reason I did the swap but yes if you want the speedo you have to change over.

Nice :thumbsup: Carbon fiber front fender would have looked good too.

I'm still thinking about that, don't know if I'd want the Carbon fender.

A Zx14 clutch? What parts are you using and how'd you accomplish that?
Bart Simpson says 'KawiBusa' man.

Big E. meant the ZX14 clutch master cylinder. I changed it over like a week ago. You have to use a ZX14 lever with it, stock or aftermarket. And yes the stock lines do work in case someone asks :thumbsup:

I've got a black chazzo clutch lever. Standard length with red clicker for $20 shipped for the 14. I only used it for a few hundred miles.

Back