from R1 to busa

Wow really sorry to see the demise of your R1, what a great bike that is..

I got to put about 10 laps on the 09 R1 at the track and the thing was fantastic!! easily out classes the Busa for a track bike but on the street? The Busa is a lot more rider friendly (especially for your passenger)..

power wise, the new R1 will run right along side the busa up to any sane speed but the ride is a bit stiffer on the Yamaha.. (probably related to the track manners)

For the street or 2 up riding?, I would take the busa any day

thanks for all for info guys , i defo made my mind up to get the busa think either black or white , dam i cant wait :)

gazzy, whoa,whoa, whoa, what about the every so sexy orange/black? how could you resist grabbing a sexy pig like that? i will say on the negative that the gen2 busa (08 and up) having some starting issues, some have an ignition wire recall, and some have the bolts backing out under the clutch cover which just need thread locker and a new clutch cover gasket. those are the negatives that i have experienced with my bike and read about. welcome and good luck with your decision. :beerchug:

You are going to have what we refer to as Perm-a-grin for a long time.
I don't know how long it lasts because mine has not gone away in 10 months of ownership of the Busa.:thumbsup:
:welcome: to the org, even if you don't buy a Bus, stick around, its always fun here.:beerchug:
Bubba

:welcome: to the org brother. Can't wait to see the pics of your new scoot. Busa or not, you're always welcome here.

Sorry to hear about your Yammi. Good luck w/ the Ins Co.

You might be able to find a Blue and Black 08 new somewhere. It is the fastest color after all. Enjoy. Your girl will love the back seat. The Busa won't even notice her back there.

yeah love the orange and black but those colors dont exist here in uk ,just the white black and silver ,cant decide black or white?? but think the black is the fastest of the two :)

I had an 08 R1 and sold it. The Busa takes the cake hands down. It is by far my favorite bike. White is the fastest color though.

i went from a 600rr to the busa. i was going to get a 1000 but ended up with a busa. by far one of the BEST decisions i have ever made

get the busa, trust me. you WONT look back. anyone who says they cant take a turn have no idea what they are talking about

I've ridden many incarnations of the R1 since I started riding in 99. My first(officially mine) bike was a 2000 busa, I ride an 06 Busa now and various other second bikes I buy/sell often.

For day to day living, the busa is much better. Performance wise, the R1 is a lil more nimble AT THE LIMIT, the busa of course has its own reputation for what it does well. At legal speeds, you won't see a huge difference in handling capability. It is heavier, but I'm 240lb myself at 6'3 and it doesnt really bother me much.

I track my busa quite often, 6-10 times a year depending on work, and does just dandy. I rent other bikes often, and if I had to pick ONLY ONE to OWN, the busa would still be it. It just has versatility that other sport bikes lack.

For my own tastes, I think a two bike garage would have a busa and some 600. I'm in between second bikes right now, with my eyes on k6 600s.

i went from a 600rr to the busa. i was going to get a 1000 but ended up with a busa. by far one of the BEST decisions i have ever made

get the busa, trust me. you WONT look back. anyone who says they cant take a turn have no idea what they are talking about

Pretty much reflects my thoughts too.

To sum it up, you will love the power, comfort and stability of a Hayabusa. But it's heavy and long...so you can imagine how it handles compared to any modern 1-liter. When riding with really good riders and in heavy turn roads, I have to seriously work to keep up with the nimble 600-1000 bikes.

If you like to ride long and straight, look at the Busa closely. If ride twisties and track and need the handling..."insert your brand here" 1000.

If you can, get one of each and enjoy the best of both worlds.

To sum it up, you will love the power, comfort and stability of a Hayabusa. But it's heavy and long...so you can imagine how it handles compared to any modern 1-liter. When riding with really good riders and in heavy turn roads, I have to seriously work to keep up with the nimble 600-1000 bikes.

If you like to ride long and straight, look at the Busa closely. If ride twisties and track and need the handling..."insert your brand here" 1000.

If you can, get one of each and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I too have to work a little harder and improve my skills to keep up with the lighter bikes in the twisties, but catch them every time the road is not as curvy.

Hey Nucka, you Gonna join us on the Scar ride this Sunday?
PM me if you are.:thumbsup:

Back