From Bandit 1250s to Busa K8?

londonfrog

Registered
Hi all!

I have been lurking here for a while and I thought I'd introduce myself finally. I am French living in London UK in this Great Britain where you need a new mortgage to buy a bike and need to watch out every 200 yards for speed cameras! I've been a Suzuki fan for ages and after Bandit 600, Bandit 1200, SV1000, GSXR 750 (an OLD one 1990L) and lately Bandit 1250S I am getting seriously obsessed by a the thought of a Black Busa K8.

This forum absolutely rocks and the amount of knowledge, advice and sense of community is amazing so this is my question: I know that the Busa has terrific top speed and acceleration and all that... The Bandit 1250 has a HUGE torque from quite low revs (I think max torque is 100lb at 3700rpm) so I am wondering if at normal-ish speed (say up to 100-120mph) there is a huge difference between the 2 bikes? I know this is probably anathema and I am going to be crucified for daring asking someting like ton a first post his but hey: if I don't ask I cannot know
smile.gif

So there you have it: if someone here has made the switch from Bandit to Busa I'd love to hear your impressions!

welcome Dude
thumb_up.gif

im just back after 5500kms on my K8 riding to the UK - i can assure that nothing you've EVER ridden will prepare you for the thrust you'll get when you open the taps at a ton
kickass.gif

i've had plenty of chances to prove it here in the way back and as my bro said after he test rode it - "THIS IS MENTAL!"
jump9.gif

I have an '07 Bandit1250S and an '05 Hayabusa in my stable.  The Busa has more horsepower, torque, and acceleration at all RPMs.  The Bandit is more civilized in putting the power down.  The seating positions between the bikes is very different, with the Bandit being almost straight up and down and the Busa being head first down the road.  The Bandit actually outweights the Busa, but feels lighter once you get them rolling.

I enjoy riding both bikes and have put nearly the same amount mileage on them this year.  Total, I have 44,000 miles on the Busa and 3,000 miles on the Bandit.  If I had to pick one it would be the Busa.

post_6_15040_101_3820.jpg

HeyLon. Buddy one mine had a zrx1200 and I lethim ridee the Busa. His resone was. The Zxrex is fun and quick but the Busa is insane! I roe his Zrex and it is torquesy until about 70 or 80 and then it dies off.
shutup.gif

I had never seen the 1250 until I was leaving the dealership with my 08 in the bed of the truck. The rider slowed down, got a really good look at my blue beauty, thought to himself, "my 1250 doesn't have those pimpin gold rims," frowned, and rode off on his not-a-busa.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I had to explain to my young, naive lady-friend why my bike in the back of my truck was still way cooler than his bike leaning into curve ahead. hehe

No really, I liked the looks of the bike, particularly the riding posture, and the guy had luggage to last 2 weeks. If I had room in my garage and another 10k I'd buy one.

No, wait, I'd buy another Busa. Nevermind.
firedevil.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I've had both. A pipe, tune, & gearing make a huge difference on the bandit and its great fun to wake one up. You get used to the great torque and enjoy riding, rarely getting past 7K rpm. Then you get on the busa and do the same. One day you grab a little more throttle than you really need. The bike explodes underneath you, you hang on for dear life, grab some more gear and look down to see you're going 135 mph and it's still pulling hard. You back off the throttle, sit up a little, almost get blown off the bike, tuck your head again and reconnect with reality. I've been hot rodding big suzukis since 1981, but nothing touches one of these. It'll put a grin on your face so big you won't be able to take your helmut off. And since too much is rarely enough, there is an endless supply of parts to make it even faster. You're in the right place. Get onboard!

my 01 bandit was my favorite of all times that i had gotten rid of until i got rid of my 04 busa to get the 08. so now the bandit is 2nd

Back