Help!!!! Busa buying decision

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
A Busa has always been top of my list, but I have been away from riding for about 20 years.

So, I started with a dirt bike, a Husqvarna TE610IE and this thing is great fun, but far from a smooth comfortable road bike. Off road it hauls ass.

Next I want something to enjoy on the road, enjoy the odd track day, do touring and put the wife on the back for sort of a two hour ride. Money is not an issue.

If you could choose to satisfy the above, will a Busa do it, or do I have to get two bikes?

My thoughts were either the Busa, or two bikes, being a 1250 Bandit and a GSXR 1000.

Anyone with experience, your thoughts will be appreciated.

Last edited:
gsxr will be horrible for touring and or two up. Busa is like sitting on a comfy couch. Sounds like the Busa is a good choice for you, if you can respect the power.

I use my Busa as a sport touring mount. I came off of an 1800 Gold Wing, and my Wife will ride on back of the Busa, but not for a two hour trip. I guess it just depends on how much two up riding you really want to do. I can not see myself going back to a GL1800 as my only bike though. My ideal would be to convince my bride to ride her own mount, but she is not motivated to do that. If money is not a problem you could pick up an 09 Busa, and a used GL or a big cruiser for longer two up rides. ???

If you have to have just one, the busa is a very multi task bike, My 06 (currently 32k on it) is set up for tour, autocom, corbin bags /seat zg tour shield, did 800 miles 2 up in Arkansas last week and didn't feel anything in the butt area. Very comfy.. but... the bandit is a good tour bike, and the 1000 is awesome for track. 1 bike would be the busa ,if 2 then stay bandit , gixxer.

I use my Busa as a sport touring mount. I came off of an 1800 Gold Wing, and my Wife will ride on back of the Busa, but not for a two hour trip. I guess it just depends on how much two up riding you really want to do. I can not see myself going back to a GL1800 as my only bike though. My ideal would be to convince my bride to ride her own mount, but she is not motivated to do that. If money is not a problem you could pick up an 09 Busa, and a used GL or a big cruiser for longer two up rides. ???

I have to agree with this. I just road my busa to the beach which is about 300 miles for me. It was a very fun ride but i would not want to 2 up it for that far. I have a Tobin seat, Heli bars,buel pegs and the throttlemeister and all 4 add on's were really a big help on the ride. I have a bad back and it has been killing me every sense i got home but if i was ask to do it again, I think i would but i would have to make a few more stops along the way. Good luck and if you get the busa please respect it. It is POWERFULL!!

P2270022.jpg

P2270026.jpg

The Busa will fit all the needs that you have with lots of modding possibilities. Don't think you will regret it! Welcome to the .org.:welcome:

Since money isn't an issue buy the 1K and another touring bike. The Busa will pull double duty but not as well as bikes dedicated for each task.

Since money isn't an issue buy the 1K and another touring bike. The Busa will pull double duty but not as well as bikes dedicated for each task.

Concur with Dobieman's comments.

If you could only afford one bike, the Busa would certainly fulfill both roles. But if you have the coin to drop on a pair of bikes, the GSX1K/Bandit combo would be a good one for the two distinctly different roles you describe.

Back