Bandit and Haywood's excellent adventure

Haywood

Registered
Bandit and I, along with a Kwak rider known as Kawee (not his real name
smile.gif
), went for ride on Wednesday up to the Columbia Ice Fields in Jasper National Park (Canada's largest national park).  I gotta tell ya, the more places I find, the nicer the scenery gets.  The pictures aren't the greatest but I hope you get the idea.   Bandit and Kawee continued on to Jasper and then over to Prince George, BC today (Thursday)... anyway.. here are 7 of the 37 pics I took.

This is the Kawi Z1000, Bandit's black and blue, and my silver.  Taken along the Icefields Pkway headed North.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088103678 -->

ice1.jpg

pic 2 you can see one of the several glaciers on the way up.. this pic was taken facing south, south-west, give or take.

ice2.jpg

pic 7, last one.  These are the buses they use to take tourists onto the ice fields.  Occassionally a tourist will fall into a crevasse while wondering onto the ice field...  going onto the ice field on your own is discouraged.
smile.gif

You can see the ice field behind the bus on the left.. it has receded hugely over the years!

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088103606 -->

ice6.jpg

Awesome pics Haywood. You guys must of had a blast. Been up that way in a cage, never on a bike. Will be PM you soon. The wife and I might be heading to Radium early July. Maybe we can hook up.
biggrin.gif

Awesome pics and great scenery ... those are some serious kodak moments ... thanks for sharing!

Awesome pics Haywood. You guys must of had a blast. Been up that way in a cage, never on a bike.  Will be PM you soon.  The wife and I might be heading to Radium early July. Maybe we can hook up.  
biggrin.gif
Cool.. Radium might be a nice day ride.. Let me know.  I'm sure Bandit would like to come too, if he's available.

That's the first time I've been up there and I loved every minute of it!

My part of the trip was about 720km.  Very little traffic, but we saw 2 black bears, plus a mother and cubs, and I saw a huge freekin' moose on the Bow Valley Parkway on the way back... quite a day all around!  And all that on 2 mars bars and a half bottle of water!  
smile.gif

Very nice pics.. thanks for sharing! Beautiful scenery! We may get more riding time down here, but it don't compare to what you get to ride around up there! I'm so jealous...
cool.gif

BASTARDS !!!!!!!!.. You couldn't have waited for me?
rock.gif
Geeeesh. Oh well. We'll find some nice scenery next week. See you on Thursday. ...lol

Can't wait. p.s. ..The guy with the R1 that keeps beating Gsteve will be there with me.. Now we can see how his bike keeps up to a Busa with a light weight rider on it....

BASTARDS !!!!!!!!.. You couldn't have waited for me?
rock.gif
Geeeesh. Oh well. We'll find some nice scenery next week. See you on Thursday. ...lol

Can't wait. p.s. ..The guy with the R1 that keeps beating Gsteve will be there with me.. Now we can see how his bike keeps up to a Busa with a light weight rider on it....
oh man... i better start that diet i've been putting off then, eh?!

Very nice pics.. thanks for sharing! Beautiful scenery! We may get more riding time down here, but it don't compare to what you get to ride around up there! I'm so jealous...
cool.gif
gypsy.. for sure, it's beautiful country up here, but it's true, our riding season is 8 months at best.

we saw plates from florida, california, texas, idaho, montana, arkansas, and i'm probably forgetting some.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088138647 -->

Back