Friday Morn'in "a riding to work in the rain" story...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
lemme start off by say'in...we haven't had any rain to speak of in quite a while...lotsa unseasonably "cold" but...not much "wet" lately..thank god...and the past week has been just dandy riding Oren to work and back with the occasional jaunt home for lunch break but..friday morn'in?...i come stumbl'in down the hall as i heard rainfall all night..at times extremely heavy rainfall..wake me up in the middle of the night beat'in on my roof with a roar..."rainfall"...and as i enter the living room where wifey already has her coffee in hand and the weather channel on?...she looks at me with sadness in her eyes and just shakes her head as she informs me justa moment before i look out the front door to confirm my darkest fears..."yep...it's raining"...and it was..but not as bad as i feared...justa fine mist really...but all under some thick, heavy dark, low lay'in cloud cover making it almost appear as though it were still night out...as the thought of call'in into work flashed though my mind for a millisecond as i abandoned the idea almost as soon as i thought of it and...nah...i'll be fine..shower up and head out.

and?...did pretty good as i entered I-95 to fly 2 exits north to work in this fine mist..until 1/2 way there up the interstate when/where i began gett'in pelted with some drops so huge they defied imagination..as i figured...here it comes...and fell into "Supertuck" position with an ephasis on keep'in my nads and azz dry..(rainpants have been long misplaced in my needs to be cleaned ratsnest of a garage)...figur'in as long as i can stay tucked and keep the upper boby reasonably dry under my FMC leather jacket and stay "in the bubble" keep'in my nads and azz dry?..i'm good to go at work..if not?..it'll be a quick return trip home..and off i went...stopping for nothing and no one...and first?..some dilweed on a cellphone in a plumbing van tried to box me in into a windstorm of roadwash between 3 vehicles..which pi$$ed me off enough (once i saw him glancing over with a shid-eat'in grin and realized what he was attempting to do?...i snikked'er down 2 gears and bulleted right through'em and past'em...then?..even though i timed the traffic ahead and cleanly powered though and out of the interstate exit ramp?..i immediately found myself having to lane split 4 cars who had brilliantlystopped on a left turn cause the light went from a green arrow to just green..and they had stopped...in pouring down rain..even though no traffic was coming from the opposing direction...i figured...not me...i ain't stop'in until i roll under the warehouse roof at the machine shop i work in....and?..made it...flowed, timed and hit everyone of no less than 6 lights just right (save that one lefty where several jerko cagers stopped on a green light)....and rolled into the warehouse with soaked gloves...2 little wetspots on my upper shoulders..and wet jeans from the knees down just on the outside (from roadwash passing trucks on I-95) and?..with a bone dry azz and package...proud of myself..as i lit up a morning victory cigarette standing there peering out at the heavy morning downpour from under the dry safety of our warehouse roof..and it was just then that i began to hear the roar of what sounded like a swiss windmill hit-&-miss engine..one of our welders roll'in in on his harley...with a windsheild and leather saddlebags on his fairingless hd....and?...no lid...soaked to the bone.

as i thought..and the big bene about that bike is supposed to be it's "Tourability"?... ??? ... as i stood there relatively dry wishing him a boisterous, gleeful..."Good Moring!" :poke: :rofl:

he seemed less than cheerful..and i'm not normally this way?..or hat'in on any fellow biker?..but ya gotta know this guy..a true walk'in leather grumble-sack...if it weren't for the real rainclouds?..he'd be riding under one of his own anyway..even on a beautiful day. :rofl:

just thought i'd share and...l8r, bill. :cool:

It does suck to ride in the rain, but you are gonna have to do it sooner or later. Glad to hear that you go to work on safely and on time.

It does suck to ride in the rain, but you are gonna have to do it sooner or later. Glad to hear that you go to work on safely and on time.

thanks! LOL!...and yeah...i was a tad earlier...enough so to enjoy a smoke and watch the rain before go'in in to fire up my pc and two cnc 3-d milling centers...and once i get'em up and runn'in?...it's time to hit the coffee pot..got good news too...we got another years worth of production work for the F22 Raptor..love that job..inconel 625..tough material ='s long runn'in programs..and?..big buck$. :laugh:

now...if i could just stop living there. LOL!

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I've done that on the way home but never going to work. I stay pretty dry in a tight tuck.

Back