FRAM-The Worst Oil Filter Ever

After spending hundreds In oil analysis on the amsoil signature full synthetic and other full synthetics, I’m more than comfortable running 10K on my accord and mustang. On the busa, oil analysis says 5k miles is the magic number, due to contamination from clutch plate wear. My concours14 says 7500 mile oil changes and there is guys on that forum using rotella t6 at 10k miles intervals for 200k plus miles and their bikes are still going.
why spend hundreds in oil analysis..... why not just change it more frequently?

why spend hundreds in oil analysis..... why not just change it more frequently?
Because, oil analysis I do once or twice to make sure and done, after I see that is ok. Unless, I’m switching to a different oil and want to make sure, Which I’ve done before. I’ve spent hundreds, because I did the same thing on all 5 vehicles I Own. Now, if I had the monster you have(and actually rode the thing) I would do 3k miles changes and test on a regular basis to keep and eye on wear and also silicon content, because I’m sure that giant filter sticking out the side, doesn’t filter as well as, the OEM unit. $30 bucks on an oil analysis once or twice is way cheaper than changing oil so often when it’s still good. If I did oil changes every 3k miles, would spend more on oil than what some of my vehicles are worth. I sold my civic at 200k miles and never touched the motor, so I’ll stick to that routine.

without wanting to start an oil change interval discussion-

suzuki recommends 6000 kms for a gen2 (oil and filter). On top of that it depends actually also where you mostly ride.
Based on my own experience

Means - city - lots of gearshifts - more wear and oil needs getting changed more often.
Long rides/steady speeds with less shifting - oil lasts significantly longer.

I think its very safe to say that an average of 3000 miles is more than acceptable for oil and filter changes. Everything else is excessive in my opinion.

Turbos are a different story of course!

suzuki recommends 6000 kms for a gen2 (oil and filter). On top of that it depends actually also where you mostly ride.
Based on my own experience

Means - city - lots of gearshifts - more wear and oil needs getting changed more often.
Long rides/steady speeds with less shifting - oil lasts significantly longer.

I think its very safe to say that an average of 3000 miles is more than acceptable for oil and filter changes. Everything else is excessive in my opinion.

Turbos are a different story of course!
I didn’t think Canadian busas had different oil change intervals. US model manual says 3,500 for oil and filter is every other oil change, so every 7k miles. I always change them together, though.

I didn’t think Canadian busas had different oil change intervals. US model manual says 3,500 for oil and filter is every other oil change, so every 7k miles. I always change them together, though.

I was talking about kilometers - regarding the intervalls. 3500 miles are 5600 kms. so thats "almost" the same. Its the same in europe by the way aswell.

Is that for dino or synthetic oil?

I put Royal Purple full synthetic and so far so good...

by the way- do you know why they dont sell the gallon containers for 10w 40 in canada? you can get it for every oil except 10w40 semi or full synthetic. I always buy the 900 ml cans for 20 dollars a can.
I buy the castrol actevo x-tra. (canadian tire has it usually).

by the way- do you know why they dont sell the gallon containers for 10w 40 in canada? you can get it for every oil except 10w40 semi or full synthetic. I always buy the 900 ml cans for 20 dollars a can.
I buy the castrol actevo x-tra. (canadian tire has it usually).
I noticed that as well, that's why I went to Royal Purple, it was on sale at Princess Auto one day so I got enough for a couple oil changes...

I watched a 60 Minute episode on oil once....they went undercover at the plants where the different oil came from, interesting that much of it came from the same place

After spending hundreds In oil analysis on the amsoil signature full synthetic and other full synthetics(not just taking their word that is good for that many miles), I’m more than comfortable running 10K on my accord and mustang. On the busa, oil analysis says 5k miles is the magic number, due to contamination from clutch plate wear. My concours14 says 7500 mile oil changes and there is guys on that forum using rotella t6 at 10k miles intervals for 200k plus miles and their bikes are still going.
out of curiosity, do you use your clutch when you change gears, or only when you leave a stoplight?

55k miles on fram. Bike was dynoed last year and was still making same hp as new. Yes not on a sahzook but the bike is paid for.

out of curiosity, do you use your clutch when you change gears, or only when you leave a stoplight?
Clutch 95% of the time. I might do a clutches fifth to 6th here and there, but not always.

Back