FRAM-The Worst Oil Filter Ever

Wow, that Fram filter was absolute garbage. I use the K&N ones for my Busa and have never had a problem. He doesn’t state what the failures where in the other K&N ones for the vehicles so not sure if it was the same cracking problem.

Last edited:
Wow ,
that Fram filter
was absolute garbage .

I use the K&N ones
for my Hayabusa
and have never
had a problem .

He does not state
what the failures where
in the other K&N ones for
the vehicles so not sure if it
was the same cracking problem .

:banghead:

Interesting video. I’ve tried K&N, but prefer to run OEM on all the bikes. The cars get the amsoil extended life(?), since I run amsoil signature oil and do 10k mile oil changes on them.

Interesting video. I’ve tried K&N, but prefer to run OEM on all the bikes. The cars get the amsoil extended life(?), since I run amsoil signature oil and do 10k mile oil changes on them.
i would NEVER EVER run 10K miles on an oil change...… never.... 3 thousand miles on any car I drive and every thousand for motorcycles... my machinery is very important to me.... and better safe than sorry.

i would NEVER EVER run 10K miles on an oil change...… never.... 3 thousand miles on any car I drive and every thousand for motorcycles... my machinery is very important to me.... and better safe than sorry.

I go 10k (kms) with my vehicles which is only 6500 miles and generally 8k (kms) which is 5k miles. Never had any oiling issues and always use full synthetic. I generally keep my bikes for a long time so oiling is important for me as well.

I keep the air filter clean and always change the oil filter when I change the oil.

I go 10k (kms) with my vehicles which is only 6500 miles and generally 8k (kms) which is 5k miles. Never had any oiling issues and always use full synthetic. I generally keep my bikes for a long time so oiling is important for me as well.

I keep the air filter clean and always change the oil filter when I change the oil.
I work very hard to EARN the money.... Im not gonna try to save 50-100 bucks on an oil change.... I get that some manufacturers claim that a person can go 10-15K miles from oil change to oil change.... but I don't trust synthetic oil that much.... and as far as a motorcycle is concerned.... just think about how hard those lil motors work/ and the revs they see.....

I work very hard to EARN the money.... Im not gonna try to save 50-100 bucks on an oil change.... I get that some manufacturers claim that a person can go 10-15K miles from oil change to oil change.... but I don't trust synthetic oil that much.... and as far as a motorcycle is concerned.... just think about how hard those lil motors work/ and the revs they see.....

I would think most of us here have worked hard to earn our money and possessions so you are in good company.

I take my cue off my older brother who rides a BMW RT changes his oil when he figures it needs it by checking and smelling it and he uses dino oil only. He has about 180,000 miles on that bike and it has never been apart and never smokes. He also has a '78 RT which has over 500,000 miles on it has never been apart and he did the same with his oil changes.

I have done the same (practically) and have had zero oiling issues on any of my bikes (40+ some odd years of bike ownership).

A turbo bike/vehicle is a little different as they generate more heat and would need tighter intervals.

I would think most of us here have worked hard to earn our money and possessions so you are in good company.

I take my cue off my older brother who rides a BMW RT changes his oil when he figures it needs it by checking and smelling it and he uses dino oil only. He has about 180,000 miles on that bike and it has never been apart and never smokes. He also has a '78 RT which has over 500,000 miles on it has never been apart and he did the same with his oil changes.

I have done the same (practically) and have had zero oiling issues on any of my bikes (40+ some odd years of bike ownership).

A turbo bike/vehicle is a little different as they generate more heat and would need tighter intervals.
on a 200 hp bike.... change the damn oil very frequently, espescially if it sees high revs often..... good rule of thumb

Do you also get periodic oil analysis done? I know racers normally do, I would think anything with a high HP figure should as well.

Yep has been stated on about every motor forum, Fram is known to be garbage, WIX seems to be the best cheap filter out there. But pretty much anything but fram. I will run a walmart filter before fram.

After spending hundreds In oil analysis on the amsoil signature full synthetic and other full synthetics(not just taking their word that is good for that many miles), I’m more than comfortable running 10K on my accord and mustang. On the busa, oil analysis says 5k miles is the magic number, due to contamination from clutch plate wear. My concours14 says 7500 mile oil changes and there is guys on that forum using rotella t6 at 10k miles intervals for 200k plus miles and their bikes are still going.

Last edited:
Back